I have a problem with flexi prims flapping around like crazy

KatrinaSwiftpaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently upgraded my computer to something with a bit more beefy and since doing so, flexi prims (Hair, tails, ect) seem to have extreme physics when I'm zoomed in close. Zoomed far away they flow how they normally should, but as soon as I get in close they act like they're in a windstorm if I move around. I was wondering if there's any settings I can fix or whatnot to help with this.

In case it's something with the new hardware, computer specs are:

Phenom II quad core 3.4 ghz, Nvidia GTX 550 Ti 1gig graphics, 4 gigs of ram and 1 tb hard drive

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Flexi is a client-side effect, so the entire movement is handled on your own computer, not SL's servers.  That means that each person will see something slightly different, depending on how fast their graphics card is, how much memory it has, and what other features many be enabled on it.  If you have recently upgraded from a slow computer to one with more ooomph, it's not surprising that flexi prims are a little more lively.  If you have mod perms and a lot of patience, you can mess with your own attachments and stiffen up those flyaway skirt panels.  Increasing drag and tension and decreasing wind will help.  I'm not sure that I would spend a lot of time on it myself, but give it a shot. You can't do anything about other people's clothing, though.  You'll just have to get used to the fact that they are livelier than they used to be.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.