Witch hats

SatanTM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm unsure of if this is in the right spot, if not, I apologize.

Does anyone know if there is an item that are floating witch hats?
Kind of like Harry Potter vibes? Looking to add it to my small home. Or if you have an idea of how I could DIY it I'd love that too.

17 minutes ago, SatanTM said:

So I'm unsure of if this is in the right spot, if not, I apologize.

It's probably not, but since you're here now... :)

By a strange coincidence I just swapped back to 3D Coat after taking a "short" break to check the forums and found this deformed cone I'd been absent-mindedly playing with...

1035288245_witchhat.JPG.85038d5d933b68b921ecedf9006d9e7e.JPG

it may even end up as a witch hat eventually if I don't get distracted by something shinier!

I'd imagine there are plenty of witch hats available on the marketplace though, and if you can't specifically find one that floats then try to at least find one that's modifiable and you can perhaps drop a "floating script" in it.

• Like 2

If you have (or buy) a hat that has modify permission, it's easy to script it to bob up and down. The more complex you want the floating to be, the more scripting would be involved. Better to ask in the scripting forum in that case.

This script will bob up and down, you can change the height and speed in the variables near the top. Click to start, click to stop. Drop it into a rezzed cube to try it out:

vector gInitPos;
float gStep=1.0; // metres up/down
float gTime=5.0; // seconds up/down
integer gRunning;

default {
    state_entry() {
        llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_PHYSICS_SHAPE_TYPE, PRIM_PHYSICS_SHAPE_CONVEX]);
    }

touch_start(integer num) {
        if (gRunning=!gRunning) {
            llSetKeyframedMotion([],[]);
            llSetPos(gInitPos);
        }
        else {
            gInitPos=llGetPos();
            llSetKeyframedMotion([<0,0,gStep>,gTime,<0,0,-gStep>,gTime],[KFM_DATA,KFM_TRANSLATION,KFM_MODE,KFM_LOOP]); 
        }
    }
}

Edited by Rick Daylight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

It's probably not, but since you're here now... :)

By a strange coincidence I just swapped back to 3D Coat after taking a "short" break to check the forums and found this deformed cone I'd been absent-mindedly playing with...

1035288245_witchhat.JPG.85038d5d933b68b921ecedf9006d9e7e.JPG

it may even end up as a witch hat eventually if I don't get distracted by something shinier!

I'd imagine there are plenty of witch hats available on the marketplace though, and if you can't specifically find one that floats then try to at least find one that's modifiable and you can perhaps drop a "floating script" in it.

Thank you, I'll definitely look into the floating script.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.