Detect if a Parcel is Abandoned?

primerib1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way through llGetParcelDetails to determine if the status of a parcel is "abandoned"?

Currently I have to do it by searching for "abandoned" in the parcel's name, or if the parcel belongs to Governor Linden / DPW and prune out parcels named "road" and "protected zone"

• Like 1

//---------------

{
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        list details = llGetParcelDetails(llGetPos(), [PARCEL_DETAILS_NAME, PARCEL_DETAILS_DESC]);

llOwnerSay ( "Local Parcel Name:" + llList2String(details ,0) );
    }
}//---------------------

Stick this script in a prim. Add to worn the prim. Click the prim for result. From here - https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetParcelDetails

image.png.ceafdb5af142279074c3d39270898b36.png

Put the script in a hat or sumthin if you dont wanna look conspicious

Edited by rasterscan
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 10:06 PM, rasterscan said:

//---------------

{
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        list details = llGetParcelDetails(llGetPos(), [PARCEL_DETAILS_NAME, PARCEL_DETAILS_DESC]);

llOwnerSay ( "Local Parcel Name:" + llList2String(details ,0) );
    }
}//---------------------

Stick this script in a prim. Add to worn the prim. Click the prim for result. From here - https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetParcelDetails

image.png.ceafdb5af142279074c3d39270898b36.png

Put the script in a hat or sumthin if you dont wanna look conspicious

Ah, so no other way than detecting if "abandoned" is in the string?

sighs .... okay then. Thanks!

On 9/28/2022 at 4:40 AM, primerib1 said:

"abandoned" in the parcel's name, or if the parcel belongs to Governor Linden / DPW

You'd want both, right? so as not to include a private parcel named "Abandoned Mine Shaft" ?

There are scripted products that purport to do this, by the way. For years I've had this link in a browser tab (for a barely relevant reason).

7 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

You'd want both, right? so as not to include a private parcel named "Abandoned Mine Shaft" ?

There are scripted products that purport to do this, by the way. For years I've had this link in a browser tab (for a barely relevant reason).

I can live with false positives 😉

Also, it's kind of me trying to make a non-trivial script, so the experience and findings are definitely much more satisfying compared to purchasing a ready-made solution.

(Plus in addition I don't really trust such a script to not report their findings to land barons, who might swoop in to grab a particularly nice piece of land while I'm contemplating on purchase.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.