"Your attachments contain too much inventory to add more."

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Check ALL of your attachments.

"Your attachments contain too much inventory to add more." is triggered when the total inventory of all your attachments tries to go over 30,000.

Here is a script you can save in a cube and click to get your current total attachment inventory count:

{
    touch_end(integer i)
    {
        if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())
        {
            llOwnerSay("You attachment's total inventory count is " + llList2String(llGetObjectDetails(llGetOwner(),[OBJECT_TOTAL_INVENTORY_COUNT]),0) + ".");
        }
    }
}

And here is one you can use to monitor the change on a timer:

integer last_count;
{
    state_entry()
    {
        last_count = llList2Integer(llGetObjectDetails(llGetOwner(),[OBJECT_TOTAL_INVENTORY_COUNT]),0);
        llOwnerSay("Your attachment's total inventory count is " + (string)last_count + ".");
        llSetTimerEvent(2.0);
    }
    on_rez(integer i)
    {
        llResetScript();
    }
    timer()
    {
        integer count = llList2Integer(llGetObjectDetails(llGetOwner(),[OBJECT_TOTAL_INVENTORY_COUNT]),0);
        if (count != last_count)
        {
            llOwnerSay("Your attachment's total inventory count has changed from " + (string)last_count + " to " + (string)count + ".");
            last_count = count;
        }
    }
}

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the info and the scripts, Lucia.

I tried the scripts. When I attached the object that contains two scripts, one animation, and nothing else, mt attachments' total inventory count went up by over 10,000.

What's going on that when I attach an object containing only three items, the count goes up that much?

43 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

What's going on that when I attach an object containing only three items, the count goes up that much?

Did you check the inventory of linked prims of that object as well? (edit-linked and there should be little left and right arrows to step through each linked prim in a linkset in the build menu)

14 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Did you check the inventory of linked prims of that object as well? (edit-linked and there should be little left and right arrows to step through each linked prim in a linkset in the build menu)

That was it. One of the child prims had a lot of contents. It was still loading after five minutes.

Thanks for helping me understand.

How does this affect performance?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.