Blender Avastar - Issues on export

peterlocke

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! Hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this. I made a character in Blender and I want to make it animesh using avastar. I have everything rigged up, weights painted, groups cleaned up, no stray vertices and the right weight groups. Everything seems fine in pose mode and everything moves the way it should. See the pic "Character before export". Everything seems fine to that point. Then I export using the avastar export and it rescales the rig. See the pic "Character after export". It also seems to do something strange with the joints. See pic entitled Character during upload. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks!  (Further note: All scales have been applied as far as I know and I've gone through all the avastar documentation I can find.)

Character before export.PNG

Character after export.PNG

Character during upload.PNG

Edited by peterlocke

What is the size of your mesh in Blender's internal units, and are you using meters?

Did you check that scales are applied to both the armature object and the mesh object(s)?

The fingers deforming on only one hand suggests an error somewhere along the way with mirroring or symmetry. You probably have some right finger weighting mixed into the left fingers. The left foot looks slightly affected as well.

The arms moving to that weird position in the preview is exactly what you'd expect to see as a result of the rescaling in pic #2 and shouldn't happen once you fix that. (The preview always plays a humanoid idle animation on the rig, and the main part of that is rotating the shoulders down from the T-pose.)

Thanks for the response Quarrel. Everything is scaled in meters. and scales have been applied to the armature and mesh as far as I can tell. Everything looks correct and Scale is showing 1.000 on all axes on both the mesh and the armature.

When I select the bones of the right hand nothing is showing as being weighted anywhere else. In fact I've been through all the bones and checked the weight multiple times to ensure they aren't going anywhere strange.

I'm not new to blender, and I've made poses and animations with Avastar... applying it to mesh like this seems to be the only time I run into issues. Chances are it's just one part of a procedure I'm missing. Everything seems to work perfectly until I export and then it goes haywire.

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.