Official Viewers Build/Upload/Model Appears To Be Broke When Using LOD Above Options for Med,Low,Lowest

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I noticed there's been some updates to the model uploader and when selecting from dropdown Use LoD Above for Medium, Low, & Lowest it does not change the triangle and vertice data as it used to with previous versions of the official viewer. 

I attached image of the uploader with the Use LoD above for all and they do not reflect the data of the ones above.

I also attached image of a work around, as well as, an image from my opensim uploader with how the official viewer used to behave with "Use LoD above". 

Just FYI incase you are not already aware. 

Thanks.

Model Uploader Not Generating LOD Aboves Data.png

Model Uploader Possible Work Around for LOD to Highest.png

Opensim Example of How Use Lod Above Should Behave.png

Please attach viewer name and version numbers to the screenshots. There have been recent changes to uploading for both the LL viewer and Firestorm, so versions matter a lot here. There's a new mesh simplifier. Beq Janus has done some things on the Firestorm side. There's an LL project viewer. It's complicated.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, animats said:

Please attach viewer name and version numbers to the screenshots. There have been recent changes to uploading for both the LL viewer and Firestorm, so versions matter a lot here. There's a new mesh simplifier. Beq Janus has done some things on the Firestorm side. There's an LL project viewer. It's complicated.

And the Cool VL Viewer allows to use both GLOD (old mesh simplification library) and meshoptimizer (new library that replaced GLOD in LL's viewer), also with slightly different algorithms for (hopefully) better/more coherent results.

Hello,

Apologies. The first image above is the offical viewer Second Life Release 6.6.2.573358 (64bit). The 2nd image is official viewer same version but when using the auto generate and manually keying in the date from at the highest level is the work around. 

The 3rd image is what the official viewer used to look like when selecting the use lod above dropdown option.

This attached is: Second Life Release 6.6.2.573358 (64bit) Official Viewer Model Uploader Use LOD Above Not Populating -Generating LOD Data Correctly

Second Life Release 6.6.2.573358 (64bit) Official Viewer Model Uploader Use LOD Above Not Populating -Generating LOD Data Correctly.png

Hello,

I updated to the official Second Life Release 6.6.3.574158 (64bit) and still when selecting use lod above from dropdown it does not change the triangles or vertices data to reflect the high rows trianges and verticies data as it used to before the generate precise and generate sloppy were introduced. It's not a huge deal for me to keep the generate auto default and key in the high triangles data in the medium, low, and lowest rows. I'm guessing the logic from load lod up became messed up when the other options were added? It's almost like that dropdown option does not have any logic at all.

Gosh I would hate for creators to pay for something expecting something else and updating folders, marketplace, and then dealing with customers wondering why the product is not as described. It's multiple nightmares waiting to happen. 

Hope this gets fixed soon. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.