How do I un-donate land to recapture my property?

MollieMaybe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, MollieMaybe said:

I donated to a land group and want to recapture that capacity? I don't care if I keep the land but want my ability to buy a lot back.

Reclaiming group land

If you wish to reclaim land you have donated to a group, you must complete both of the following steps.  Remember that your land contribution to the group (in square meters, not parcels) counts against your total land usage, and does not automatically decrease if you reclaim a parcel of land from the group.  

Failure to remove group land contributions before reclaiming a parcel for your personal use can result in an increase in land tier fees if your total land usage in group contributions and owned parcels exceeds the next land tier.

Remove your existing land contribution 

your_contribution.pngDo this to avoid an unnecessary increase of land tier.

1. Go to Communicate > My Groups.
  2. Select the group the land is deeded to from the MY GROUPS tab of the People window.
  3. Click the Group Profile button.
  4. Select Land/Assets.
  5. Set Your contribution to "0" sq meters.
  6. Click Save.

Hi @MollieMaybe!

There are two things to consider here. The first is your land tier donation. While expressed in square meters, this is actually money that you're paying LL on the group's behalf to cover the monthly land fees. The second is the land itself, which you deeded to the group.

When you remove your tier donation, the group may no longer have enough donated tier to pay for the land. The owner of the group will get a warning message that it has insufficient tier. You must either sell or abandon the land before the next tier due date, sell (transfer) the land back to yourself, or get more tier donations from other group members to cover the shortfall.

I'm going to assume that you and your alt are the only members of the group that currently owns the land. In this case,

1. Do the step that Rowan showed in her reply -- remove your tier contribution, using the Group Info window, Land and $ tab. Make sure your contribution is zero.
  2. Go to your land. Open the About Land window. Set the land to sell to yourself for $L1. Buy the land. Now you own the land in your own name. Note, you will be paying tier on it, and you won't have the 10% tier bonus that your group did. This may possibly bump you into the next tier level.
  3. Since you said you don't care if you keep the land, you can Abandon it, instead of buying it yourself. Or if you have a buyer handy, sell it to them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.