Parcel Media Streaming

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi to all,

I am trying to add a nice ocean sound to my parcel.

I tried to add it here:

image.png.5dc1c6e031c70518468467caf6463db7.png

Even if i have Media Auto-play Enabled, it did not sound:

image.png.858e40ac8a0faffa944fb7e3a42228e2.png

In the top right corner of my Firestorm, I noticed that "Parcel Streaming Media" was not running:

image.png.5d99e81f1ef89f2d390bbb771ef87371.png

After starting the media, I get the nice sound ocean at last...

image.png.48076268dd9566146c257e6910e7ecf1.png

... but only while I remain in the parcel.

Next time I come to my parcel, the streaming is stopped again, and i need to set it to play it again.

Even worse, if others come to my parcel, the sound will be stopped for them too, and even if they have "media Auto-play enabled",

they will need to use the top right corner of their Firestorm controls to play the ocean sound - something that not all SL users know how to do.

Is there any way to have the media set to Auto play at parcel level, so both me and any visitor can hear this nice ocean sound, without needing to mess with Firestorm controls each time? 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Parcel media (and media on a prim alike)  is intended for streaming media, that is an infinite stream of sound, not for playing a finite sound file in a loop...

You just cannot use streaming media for that purpose. You should use a script, instead, and play your sound via llLoopSound() (for short sounds lasting 30s or less) or via an infinite loop of  llPlaySound() calls that play a longer sound uploaded as several short 30s sounds.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.