Feeling quite pleased with myself :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was browsing through the Amazon site yesterday and I saw a type of PC that I've never seen before. They are tiny ones, about 4½" inches square, are loaded with Windows 11, and cost between £200 and £300.

I have a few spare Raspberry PIs, which are the size of a credit card, and, although I must have checked if they could run Windows in the past, I'd never checked if they could Windows 11. So I checked, and it turns out that they can run Windows 11. It needs to be a Raspberry PI 4 with either 4G or 8G of memory. I have a spare one with 4G so I gave it a go. Many hours later, and the purchase of a 64G flash drive, I now have Windows 11 running on a Raspberry PI. None of my normal PCs can run it, but my Raspberry PI, with an ARM CPU, can :D

That's why I'm feeling quite pleased with myself just now. Please post anything that you are feeling quite pleased with yourself about.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Phil Deakins changed the title to Feeling quite pleased with myself :)

@Henri Beauchamp I have 4 x PI 4s, one of which I use as an Apache web server, and the others weren't being used at all. I didn't expect them to use anything but a Linux operating system, which is why I'm feeling pleased at having got one of them to actually run Windows 11. I've no desire to use it with Windows, although I may do. I'm just pleased at being able to :)

I ran a TPV on a different Linux machine not long ago. Like Win11, it was just for the sake of doing it. I've forgotten which TPV it was but I don't think it was Firestorm.

Edited by Phil Deakins

3 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

By those tiny PC's i think you mean an HP ProDesk? Those are pretty common office computers.

No. They look huge by comparison :)

I mean computers like this. It measures 11.5 x 10.2 x 43 cms (approx. 4" square). There are more lower down the page too. They are not much bigger than a Raspberry Pi in a case. There's a teeny one that I saw on Amazon that could be mistaken for a wifi thing - not a lot bigger than a flash drive. It's designed to plug into a USB port on a TV or monitor.

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.