What are the requirements for an external web server in order to be able to send HTTP requests to SL?

Bruce Liebknecht

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am transferring my PHP scripts (that send HTTP requests to SL) to another host. The new host has curl enabled and ports 12043 and 12046 for outgoing HTTP requests. Still my LSL scripts do not receive the HTTP requests. The same PHP and LSL scripts worked fine for years until last Wednesday. Are there any other requirements for the settings of the external server? Thanks!

Edited by Bruce Liebknecht

8 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

Have you tried the other PHP example you mentioned from the Wiki on the other thread? That would at least give us a better idea of where the request is failing (failing at webhost, failing in transit, fail once it reaches LL, etc).

Yes, I tried the two examples linked in the other thread. Neither of them reaches my LSL scripts. The requests do not arrive. The same with curl. The example with fsockopen fails at fsockopen on port 12043. I had that port enabled for outgoing TCP.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Liebknecht said:

Yes, I tried the two examples linked in the other thread. Neither of them reaches my LSL scripts. The requests do not arrive. The same with curl. The example with fsockopen fails at fsockopen on port 12043. I had that port enabled for outgoing TCP.

The hosting companies keep asking me what are the SL requirements for incoming HTTP requests. All I can tell them is open ports 12043, 12046 and enable curl.... That's why I wonder if there is anything else I am missing. Hostgator stopped working for me and they have no clue why. Now I tried dedicated server on Bluehost, doesn't work either...

This might be a silly question, but have you verified that the object in-world has been assigned a URL? And that the assigned URL is being pointed to by your PHP scripts?

(Thinking this as URLs aren't permanent, which could explain breakage if a different URL is assigned)

4 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

This might be a silly question, but have you verified that the object in-world has been assigned a URL? And that the assigned URL is being pointed to by your PHP scripts?

(Thinking this as URLs aren't permanent, which could explain breakage if a different URL is assigned)

yes, copied and pasted the URL for a test... multiple times

10 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

if you are using the secondlife.io name in the url.  it's having dns issues according to cloudflare

http://secondlife.io/

hV9hXqr.png

Yeah, I see that too but all of my in-world object using URLs are just fine, and I can still ping them even with fresh URLs. Might just be limited to requests on port :80 / 443, or requests not going to a specific simulator (i.e. no prefix)

45 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

3 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

Yeah, I see that too but all of my in-world object using URLs are just fine, and I can still ping them even with fresh URLs. Might just be limited to requests on port :80 / 443, or requests not going to a specific simulator (i.e. no prefix)

Thanks a lot! Problem solved! :D It was the secure vs insecure URL. When Hostgator stopped working for me I tried everything including I changed llRequestURL() to llRequestSecureURL(). When I moved to Bluehost things were not working either. Now I changed back to llRequestURL() and Bluehost works yay. :) OMG this was terribly frustrating. Thanks all for the discussion. It helped a lot.

Edited by Bruce Liebknecht

1 minute ago, Bruce Liebknecht said:

Thanks a lot! Problem solved! :D It was the secure vs insecure URL. When Hostgator stopped working for me I tried everything including I changed llRequestURL() to llRequestSecureURL(). When I moved to Bluehost things were not working either. Now I changed back to llRequestURL() and Bluehost works yay. :) OMG this was terribly frustrating. Thanks all for the discussion. It helped a lot.

Happy to hear it's back working for you!

Yeah, llRequestSecureURL is a pain to work with as you need to ensure that the remote is set up to accept the LL CA, as by default it won't be, thus, requests will bounce at some point in the process whenever the cert is checked.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I remember, (I use bluehost) is that they don't want to import data directly from SL, you can call PHP scripts to use a mySQL database, but I couldn't do some other things with java script directly. Look at their terms of service. What I did was put my javascript librarys and css up on bluehost and then run my HTTP/JavaScripts on my own SL server. including the libraries. This is not as easy for me but I have got it working

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.