When a whole folder goes missing from the inventory, does it create a broken link??

IvyRose Violet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone,

Just went through trying to sort of my folders today in my inventory, didn't move anything to the trash at all.  I was creating a new clothes folder for some new items and re-arranging that, now that I have finished my entire shoes folder has vanished and doesn't appear to be coming back.  There is nothing in my lost and found and broken links in 'My Outfits' that were created with some of the shoes that now appear to have gone from my inventory.

I've tried clearing cache, restarting, searching for specific folders and objects that should be in the one folder, but nothing turns up.  I really don't know what else I can do?  This folder of items cost a fair amount of l$ and some of the items are no longer sold by the designers that we got them from so I'd really want to get this folder back if anyone has any suggestions please?? :'(

Thank you,

~IvyRose Violet~

((Sorry no idea how to use this, can't seem to find a reply button whatsoever on here to answer any comments...  But I have tried that already and not been able to find or search the folder any further :s ))

3 answers to this question

If you have broken links in your My Outfits folder for those shoes, and you have cleared cache, relogged and waited for your entire inventory to reload before you did anything (this point is very important--let it reload while you are in a quiet sim like Pooley), then you may have accidently deleted that folder and emptied your trash.

If, however, you did not wait for your inventory to reload completely before you did anything else, then do that and they may reappear.  Do not open a browser, do not IM friends, just walk away from your computer while your inventory loads.

Hopefully, your folder will reappear.

• Like 1

The broken links are caused because you moved the items not necessarily because they aren`t there atm, so don`t panic too much about those. When whole folders disapear it is not usually permanant, either your inventory isn`t fully loading or you accidentally dragged one folder into another one.

Try a different viewer, to see if your stuff shows on there, some people have been saying they can see inventory on v2 but not phoenix and vice versa, not sure what that is all about.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.