I can see my clothes but no one else can

Jammeela

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can see my clothes on me but no one else can  to them I'm naked, I'm tired of being nude when I change,,I had this problem when I first started then it came right  now I'm having it again, my inventory loads fine everything loads fine for me  but  its getting frustrating because I can't go anywhere   as everyone sees me naked.Please help

4 answers to this question

Your avatar is not loading.

Clear your cache.

You can do this by going to Me > Preferences > Setup > Reset.

You can also do a manual clear.

To clear cache first enable view hidden folders by going to your control panel, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.

Go back to control panel, folder options, view, don't show hidden files and folders.

Restart your computer.

Open your inventory recent tab and wait for it to stop fetching.

In addition to a corrupted cache as a source of your problem, might want to reset your router and modem.  To do that shut down your computer and unplug the devices from their electrical source and leave unplugged for 3 to 5 minutes.  Plug them back in and wait a few seconds for the lights to settle to their normal blinking routine, then boot your computer back up and try SL again.

I want to caution about deleting the contents of the Second Life folder when following the path:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife.

That folder contains your browser profile, settings and logs.  You probably don't want to have to re-do all your settings or lose your logs.  There is only one cache in that folder and it is in the Browser Profile folder within the Second Life folder........it's your browser cache and it has nothing to do with what you are experiencing.  If you think you need to manually delete the cache (that's your texture cache and object cache) then the path:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Secondlife

Is where you'll find those caches.......the ones you want to delete.  That path is also the typical path in a Windows 7 installation.  If you are using a computer with a different operating system, or your local computer setup has additional drives, or you (or whoever installed SL) moved your cache it could be in a different location.  The best way for anyone to know exactly where the cache you want to delete is located is by looking at the cache location shown on your Setup tab in preferences.

hi i had the same problem ,,, we tried everything phoenix told me to do ,,,nothing worked ,,so i decided to take my shoes off ..and poof there i was dressed, a person said ,i was dressed,,then he asked what did i do ,,i said it was my shoes ,,what i am trying to say ,it can be something you are wearing ,so take off your outfit and shoes and try a different outfit and shoes ,,goodluck

If you have tried everything, then it could be a bakefail due to a slow connection. If you have a friend of family member with a faster connection than you, login on their computer, change outfits a couple of times and once your avatar is loading properly you should be able to login again on your own computer with no problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.