Put demos on back page of store?

LantanaRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I must be missing something. My demos are showing on the first page of my store. Usually before the full product. How can I push all my demos to the back pages? I know this can be done. I see pleanty if not all stores that have all their domos showing on the back pages.  Need help!

• Like 1

Okay, that works... Sort of.  lol   My settings keep reseting on their own and reverting to the default. Sometimes several times a day. Obviously I can't be checking my settings every 5 minutes to be sure my costomers are not seeing demos on the front page. Anyone have any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, LantanaRose said:

Okay, that works... Sort of.  lol   My settings keep reseting on their own and reverting to the default. Sometimes several times a day. Obviously I can't be checking my settings every 5 minutes to be sure my costomers are not seeing demos on the front page. Anyone have any thoughts?

I believe it's our (your customers) personal settings that are relevant and not yours.  Some people pull a search and sort by price or relevancy.  I always search using newest first.  Each person will see your store.differently depending on their own criteria.  People who search lowest price first will always see your demos on the first page.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I believe it's our (your customers) personal settings that are relevant and not yours.  Some people pull a search and sort by price or relevancy.  I always search using newest first.  Each person will see your store.differently depending on their own criteria.  People who search lowest price first will always see your demos on the first page.

Isn't there a way to get links for demos into the main item listing at the bottom of the listing?  (I'm sure that I've seen listings that way.)

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Isn't there a way to get links for demos into the main item listing at the bottom of the listing?  (I'm sure that I've seen listings that way.)

Yes, of course.  But, if I'm searching a specific store to get demos, I use lowest price first so I get all the demos and not pages and pages of various colors.

• Like 2

Just some info on how relevancy (default search) is determined...

On 4/14/2021 at 11:15 AM, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings all!

Relevance is a matrix of bits and parts of the whole.

The better and more appropriate your keywords and name of the item, the greater the chance that the item will be shown in specific Searches on the Marketplace. If you spam the listing with keywords that have nothing to do with the item, your item will slowly degrade in search returns when viewing by Relevance since the keywords are not relevant to the item being sold in the listing. 

Sales also contributes to Relevance, but it is weighted counter.  Generally if a buyer searches for an item, then clicks on your item, and then buys the item, the Relevance will increase on the listing.  

What this means is if you include a lot of junk keyword spam in your listing and your listing shows up on searches that have nothing to do with the item, and your item is not purchased, its Relevance will go down over time and future searches will result in the listing being shown lower down/further back in the returns. 

ALWAYS keep the keywords on your listing, including the ones in non English languages, as relevant and on point as possible. 

Cost also has a minor impact.  The lower the cost, the more times the item needs to appear in search returns and the more times the item needs to be purchased to help increase its Relevance. 

Make sure the item listing for your product is in the most appropriate sub-category for the item.  If the item is a pair of Women's Jeans, placing the item listing in the Women's Bottoms category, but not the Women's Jeans sub-category, can impact its Relevance, not to mention if someone is looking in the Women's Jeans sub-category for an item, your item will not be shown. 

There are other metrics involved that are in the system designed to even out everything based on over time, not just one day impacts, that are known only to those who built and maintain the system. 

Essentially, the better your keywords are, the more times it will show up in appropriate searches, the less times it will show up as a result of keyword spam, and the greater the chance of your item being sold.  Over time the Relevance on your item will increase (or decrease).

This keeps the system from having wild fluctuations. So if an item sold well today, but not tomorrow, it wouldn't automatically be at the top of the list of items the next day.  This also means that if an item isn't selling well this week for a merchant, their item wont suddenly end up at the bottom of the list either.  The system evens everything out a bit to keep those big changes from happening.  

The biggest thing it to make sure your product has good pictures, a good name, appropriate keywords, a good item description in all languages, and it is in the correct sub-category. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes but I tested with alts and if I set my settings to sort by "high to low" that will be the default to those that visit my store.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, LantanaRose said:

Yes but I tested with alts and if I set my settings to sort by "high to low" that will be the default to those that visit my store.

The marketplace default is Relevancy.  How you set it is not how others see it.  I just opened MP, searched your store with the Default Relevancy which is how it always opens unless the person, themselves changes it.  It doesn't show High to Low unless I myself,  set it to do so.

The first page of your store is always going to show as Default/Relevancy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The marketplace default is Relevancy.  How you set it is not how others see it.  I just opened MP, searched your store with the Default Relevancy which is how it always opens unless the person, themselves changes it.  It doesn't show High to Low unless I myself,  set it to do so.

The first page of your store is always going to show as Default/Relevancy.

That's what it is doing for me too. Strange because I did several test the other day with alts and that is not the way it was. Weird! Weirdness tends to follow me whereever I go! LOL

That's okay because I think I have this solved now. I believe removing keywords and anything of relavance from the title and description should push the demos to the back pages. DUH!

13 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It may have been acting up the other day it seems which could explain your results... The latter comments were just this past Wed. saying it was fixed.

I don't think the Relevance Sort is updating again. I removed keywords and everything but the word Demo from my demo listings. They still are showing on the back pages. Maybe it just takes time for the changes to show? I really don't want people to see my demos before the full product. This is very frustrating.

1 hour ago, LantanaRose said:

I don't think the Relevance Sort is updating again. I removed keywords and everything but the word Demo from my demo listings. They still are showing on the back pages. Maybe it just takes time for the changes to show? I really don't want people to see my demos before the full product. This is very frustrating.

The thing is, if people are looking for demos, no matter what you do, your demos will show up on a page of whatever it is they're searching for.  If I'm searching casual dresses, I might choose price low to high.  If one of your dresses has a demo, I might click on that.  That effects relevancy also.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is any way for you to dictate how your items will show up on your store page to other people.  Relevancy is not something you can completely control.   The only thing you could do is NOT have demos on the MP and only have them available at an inworld location.  Personally, I hate that but it's the only way guaranteed to not have them show on first page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.