My attachments and HUDs fail to stay attched. Every login or TP stuff detaches. I tried everything !

Svetlana Salomon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Every time I login, my HUDs don't show. I have to TP first for them to come on screen, but in that TP I loose my hair or necklace. Then I have to re-attach that from inventory, but it doesn't show until I TP again. Then when all seems good, another person tells me my shoes are gone, or my dress, while I see them. Sometimes I can't even detach them to fix it, unless I TP first, then re-attach and TP back. By then my AO and other HUDs don't work again... etc etc... And it has been like this for a week !!!

I tried everything. Character test n00bing, rebaking, clear cache, detaching everything manually, edit appearance and all of that with multiple relogging and rebooting PC. I tried a different vieuwer, but that didn't help... I don't even dare to wear other hair or shoes, because I'm affraid I will only get more bugged stuff then.

And the thing is, my alt doesn't have that problem at all, so this bug or error is on my main account only :(

I never had such a problem before, and I'm a resident since 2006!!! I don't know what to do, can anyone help me?

1 answer to this question

You may be able to make progress by clearing your cache manually. With SL closed, navigate to the appropriate location for the cache folder on your computer and delete all files in it.

• Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SecondLife\cache
  • Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\cache
  • Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\Cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SecondLife\ (Viewer version 1.23.5 (136262))
  • Mac - /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/SecondLife
  • Linux - ~/.secondlife/cache

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.