LOD detail moves faces creating a seam when moving camera

Reiramon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a bit if an issue with a mesh split in half uploaded as 1 (linkset)

The LOD 3 (high detail) is flat on the ground 8x4m. It has an outer rim which makes it high 0.4m in total in Z axis. Then LOD 2 is without the outer rim and its in total 0.3m on Z axis. 

When I move my camera so that the LOD2 kicks in and the camera is in about 30 degree angle I can see the faces on the further half of the mesh move upwards creating a seam in between the two objects. When I move my camera further the seam disappears (because the close half moves upwards as well).

I know the 0.1 difference because of llGetBoundingBox script when I uploaded LOD 3 and LOD2 separately. LOD 3 is 0.4m, LOD 2 is 0.3m. X,Y are the same.

When I upload the LODs separetely there is no seam no matter how I move my camera.

I tried applying transforms, moving origins on all LODs exactly to 0,0,0, setting origins to geometry ..

Is there any way to fix this? I am almost certain the faces move exactly by the difference of height between LOD3 and LOD2. Theres no issue between LOD2 and LOD1.

Thank you!

Edited by Reiramon

34 minutes ago, Reiramon said:

Is there any way to fix this? I am almost certain the faces move exactly by the difference of height between LOD3 and LOD2.

Make sure there is no difference between the LODs dimensions when exporting. Always keep at least a single triangle to maintain the dimensions of the high LOD. All lower LODs (and the PHYS) will be stretched to the high LOD dimensions on import.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.