Group Question

ItHadToComeToThis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are wearing the HUD, it is set to whatever group you have active at the moment. That's true for any attachment. The HUD can be scripted to tell you the UUID of the group. From there,  it could open the group page and you could get the group name. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you are wearing the HUD, it is set to whatever group you have active at the moment. That's true for any attachment. The HUD can be scripted to tell you the UUID of the group. From there,  it could open the group page and you could get the group name. 

That could work. I want my hud to check if people are in a certain group and give them rewards if they are.

17 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I want my hud to check if people are in a certain group and give them rewards if they are.

Then the only extra step is to have your HUD query their HUD, prompting it to ask what group it has active. You don't really even need to know the name of the group.  All your HUD needs to know is whether their HUD's group UUID matches yours.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Then the only extra step is to have your HUD query their HUD, prompting it to ask what group it has active. You don't really even need to know the name of the group.  All your HUD needs to know is whether their HUD's group UUID matches yours.

Sorry I wrote that wrong.

I want the hud they are wearing to check if they are in xxxx group and only give rewards if they are in the group. If they are wearing any other group then no.

Even easier. When you write the HUD script, store the group UUID into it as a coded constant.  Then just ask the HUD to compare it's own group UUID with that stored constant.  If they match, you're wearing the correct group tag.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.