Issue uploading a DAE file with booleans

Jerreh Howley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm very new to mesh stuff but I always wanted to learn to make things for second life, so I started working on making a mesh horseshoe as a simple practice attempt.

I used bolean modifiers in blender to cut out some parts of the horseshoe, and when I do this I get some errors when uploading the file ;

2022-05-11T15:11:19Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(2099) LLDAELoader::processElement : Negative scale detected, unsupported transform.  domInstance_geometry: cubesx
2022-05-11T15:11:19Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(2122) LLDAELoader::processElement : Negative scale detected, unsupported post-normalization transform.  domInstance_geometry: cubesx
2022-05-11T15:11:19Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(2099) LLDAELoader::processElement : Negative scale detected, unsupported transform.  domInstance_geometry: cubefive
2022-05-11T15:11:19Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(2122) LLDAELoader::processElement : Negative scale detected, unsupported post-normalization transform.  domInstance_geometry: cubefive
2022-05-11T15:11:19Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(2099) LLDAELoader::processElement : Negative scale detected, unsupported transform.  domInstance_geometry: cubetwo
2022-05-11T15:11:19Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(2122) LLDAELoader::processElement : Negative scale detected, unsupported post-normalization transform.  domInstance_geometry: cubetwo
2022-05-11T15:11:19Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(2099) LLDAELoader::processElement : Negative scale detected, unsupported transform.  domInstance_geometry: Cylinderone
2022-05-11T15:11:19Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(2122) LLDAELoader::processElement : Negative scale detected, unsupported post-normalization transform.  domInstance_geometry: Cylinderone

I'm not sure what this means so any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried applying the booleans, I tried saving the file as a wavefront than back to DAE, nothing so far worked.

c28a1f778a0e8a73a8846a380fd587f5.png

Just a few thoughts. 

Unless that is going to be a REALLY BIG horseshoe  your holes should be textures and not made into the model.  The SL uploader doesn't like little pieces in a model made up of bigger pieces.  

Did you apply location, rotation and scale before exporting? 

Did you use the Linden viewer to upload?  

It isn't the boolean modifier in general. I hardly even use it but DID just a couple of days ago and the model uploaded fine. 

In general and assuming you are new to mesh in Second Life --- just because you can MAKE something doesn't mean it should (or can) be uploaded to Second Life - LOL.    Sad but true.   

PS. If your standard size horseshoe uploads at anything other than one land impact something is wrong with the modeling -- so far as Second Life is concerned. It likely would be too much geometry (too many triangles). 

Good luck.   Hopefully someone else has other ideas. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

All of the replies above, and the log says Negative scale detected. Models with negative scale will be rejected. Applying Rotation & Scale as Chic mentioned will fix that. However, if you do that on a mesh with negative scale, your face normals will flip, and will pointing inwards. So you need to reculate outside afterwards as well. Used to be Ctrl + N, in old Blender versions at least.

• Like 1

From the error messages it seems, as Quarrel has suggested, that more then one object was being exported from Blender.

In Object mode with only the Horseshoe object selected File > Export > Collada (.dae) 

Then in the export window top right hand corner open the export options panel (little gear icon),

from the Operator Presets choose the sl+open sim static option. this will set all the exports options correctly for a simple static mesh object including the Selection Only option.

1272746394_4export-min.thumb.png.f8aff0460b66f0570cba1c57400a09dd.png

Also, as already mentioned apply All Transforms before exporting.

In Object mode with object selected: open the Properties side panel and check that X, Y and Z rotations are all at 0° and that X, Y and Z scales are set at 1.00.

If that are not then you need to correct this by Applying All Transforms see images below :

1676828799_1applytransforms-min.thumb.png.b43700d29f048a7c214d5f03f7c6a403.png

1850103906_2applytransforms-min.thumb.png.35a7ca7369fdd5c30d0f14cbe8d38720.png

Edit mode :1007188433_3applytransforms-min.thumb.png.3320f26cd9a3b3cb53ac9d8ce9cb4f66.png

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.