PSYCHO STORE - I'm looking for new ideas to make poses for holding objects...

Haru Takeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Haru,

Maybe can be an idea to ask models what kind of holding poses would be useful for catwalk.  For me for example, i had to do myself a handheld mirror pose because i couldn't find any that holded the pose even when i was changing poses on stage (don't know if this makes sense to you).  I can think now like, holding a jacket, diffent ways to hold a handbag, the handheld mirror, maybe holding makeup like lipsticks, fans, cigarrets, weapons... hehe hope this is helpful.  Have a great week!

Have you done a nail polish theme?  You know, doing the nail polish-bottle holding pose, the "spooky pose" (if that's possible in Secondlife), poses with the brush held in one hand on the other hand's nail (so it looks like the model is mid way through painting a nail), holding the brush in one hand and holding the other hand out in front with the fingers straight/spread wide and looking at that hand (like someone checking their "handi-work"), and poses holding the nails up as if to show to someone else, that kind of thing.

Though I am suspicious that this is an enquiry post that is simply an advertisement to skirt the rules, the answer is:

Any pose is always possible.

I have many gestures, sit poses, dances, etc and there is always room for more, and especially IMPROVED animations. Not all animations are equal, so just because they're already made by someone else, doesn't mean you couldn't remake it yourself - if you can improve upon it.

When making my own furniture, I created my own sit poses for example, because there are very few actual normal sitting poses.. Most products have this weird set of sitting poses that people simply don't sit like that on chairs, or worse, they're sitting on the floor, or off to the side, or looking like they're taking a dump on the toilet.. ugh.

Also, we need  more male-centric sits and poses. I like a lot of furniture people make, but I'd never buy it, inworld it's all dainty and feminine sits, etc.

Just make what you want. If it's a good pose, people will want it.

Look around you in life. What are people doing? Standing, drinking coffee, reading a book,  sitting in a chair watching people in public, or w/e. If you can back up the pose/sits/animations with video or Gyazo so people can preview it, you're off to the races.

A lot of animations are also quite dated, and they are jerky or low frame rate animations, that could use an update. Pick whatever and  make it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.