Are there different classes of sim performance?

IxBabexI

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am seeing various price categories by different land companies ranging from 16500 to 18500 / week for a 30k full sim.

Is this because of various.. qualities of the sims? Are there different.. classes of performances and how can I find out if its a high or low performance sim?

Please excuse the complete lack of expert lingo on the matter. Thank you!

No, not in the range you're describing. Years ago there were different hardware generations in use with different performance characteristics, and it's possible some folks with very long memories may think those distinctions persist, but they don't.

At a much higher range, the new "Event" regions are reputed to have substantially higher capacity, but at vastly higher monthly fees. It's very unlikely anybody will ever offer these as rentals, they'd be so far from cost-effective.

At the lower range, there are homesteads and open spaces, but you're speaking of different offers for a "30k full sim" so those lesser sims aren't relevant.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, IxBabexI said:

Hi, I am seeing various price categories by different land companies ranging from 16500 to 18500 / week for a 30k full sim.

Is this because of various.. qualities of the sims? Are there different.. classes of performances and how can I find out if its a high or low performance sim?

Please excuse the complete lack of expert lingo on the matter. Thank you!

in general speaking, no, there's no difference
( 2000 L$ difference is just a few dollars) 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.