false notifications about objects returned to lost & found in IM

Moni Duettmann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For a couple of weeks now I am getting  false notifications, in IM chat with the new owner of parcels I had previously built, about objects returned to lost & found due to auto-return. The thing is: there are no objects left by myself, nothing disappears from there and nothing actually arrives in my L&F inventory. But these chat notifications come every day. What is this? We can't seem to develop any reasonable idea about this.

Assuming these are legit messages, they should leave a lot of clues. They name the object, the parcel, and the owner of the parcel, and give a rough location.

I'm a little confused about "in IM chat with the new owner of parcels I had previously built…" — so somebody else owns the parcel now, and you're getting messages about objects being returned from their parcel?

(Oh, one thing: These messages are appearing in a viewer at login—not getting forwarded to email? If so, try logging in with a different viewer, preferably anything other than Firestorm which for me periodically exhibits the weirdest stickiness about notifications popping up over and over, sometimes resurrected from ages ago. I have no idea where these messages come from, and I've never seen another viewer do it.)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

somebody else owns the parcel now, and you're getting messages about objects being returned from their parcel?

Exactly.

33 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

(Oh, one thing: These messages are appearing in a viewer at login—not getting forwarded to email? If so, try logging in with a different viewer, preferably anything other than Firestorm which for me periodically exhibits the weirdest stickiness about notifications popping up over and over, sometimes resurrected from ages ago. I have no idea where these messages come from, and I've never seen another viewer do it.)

I did just that and there was nothing in the official SL viewer. So I assume it's a Firestorm bug then. Perhaps I will try a clean reinstall, once these messages begin to unbearably go on my nerves.

Thanks for your helpful answer!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Moni Duettmann said:

I did just that and there was nothing in the official SL viewer. So I assume it's a Firestorm bug then. Perhaps I will try a clean reinstall, once these messages begin to unbearably go on my nerves.

Not a bug, per se. I suspect that you have a build up of notifications and when the viewer starts it is replaying them. Give this a go, hopefully less painful than a reinstall.

Open the notices panel and clear them out. I don't have any system notices to demonstrate, but I have a lot of group notices and the method is identical.

https://gyazo.com/fc61ffe8493624848b7a1c06e2a4d13a

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.