No sound in media, tried everything I can think of. At a loss.

Diego Lekach

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using Firestorm 6.5.3.65658

The -ONLY- audio I am not getting is from media, and I have tried a few media sources within SL. My audio stream and all sounds work perfectly fine, and media starts up and I can watch it, just no audio. No other audio problems with my computer as a whole.

I have checked the volume sliders and everything, completely at a loss to what happened as it worked just fine 2-3 weeks ago. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot this?

I just tried installing the default viewer and the audio in media is working just fine, so that narrows it down to Firestorm itself I suppose.

*EDIT*

Will probably never know what the cause was, but I just fixed by uninstalling, doing a directory wipe, and reinstalling clean. Weird.

Edited by Diego Lekach
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was having all kinds of problems with my browser so I uninstalled and re-downloaded it and it was fixed. I prob broke it somehow. Sometimes things we think are not related are related. Like adding a new user or account to our computer will sometimes break things.

This problems are likely all being caused by incomplete uninstallations of the previous Firestorm, it is a well-known issue.  The fact that they were both sorted by doing a complete uninstal/reinstal suggests that the issue was as suggested.  It is vital that the uninstal utility within the FS folder, an .exe file, is used since that scrapes out old bits that in this case had been upgraded (by LL not just FS).

10 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

This problems are likely all being caused by incomplete uninstallations of the previous Firestorm, it is a well-known issue.  The fact that they were both sorted by doing a complete uninstal/reinstal suggests that the issue was as suggested.  It is vital that the uninstal utility within the FS folder, an .exe file, is used since that scrapes out old bits that in this case had been upgraded (by LL not just FS).

I will definitely do that from now on, thank you for your input! Cheers.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.