(I gotta) Search and Replace that common outdated item in over 1,000 Market Place listings

Studcrusher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am hoping there is an answer to this, a trick or little unknown way to do things if not I hope its implemented soon because I have some hopelessly outdated landmarks in over 1000 listings. Customers are not happy.

Since I tend to over complicate things let me give you an example, What I would like to do in my MP listings window is this;
Search for> outdatedlandmark@someplace in SL
Replace with> currentlandmark@someplaceelse in SL
(and TADA)

Why (semi-rhetorical) can I not do that?

Currently I can do a search for anything that will produce results that are not pre selected and going thru and selecting over 1,000 old landmarks for deletion is bound to make me nuts.

Since the listings in the market place listings window look like but are not are not items in your in world inventory,  I would think extra ways of managing MP would be implemented to keep those customers happy, listings current, and to help those lazy merchants, whoever we may be, keep those Market Place listings current.

Misdirected customers are not happy customers. As it is I have customers wandering all over the place and they have a short attention span...

Oh I over complicated it again didn't I... nuts. This was just my way of procrastinating from replacing each and every one of those old landmarks.

4 answers to this question

Go to manage listings - Show 100 items per page. Tick the box next to Date, it will tick all 100 listings.

Scroll down all the way and where it says "Modify selected items:" select "Edit" from the drop down menu.

It will open up a page. Scroll down and ONLY tick the SLURL box. Paste the new SLURL in and click update.

You have now successfully updated 100 listings with the new, up to date SLURL. Rinse and repeat for the rest of your products.

Edited by So Whimsy
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2022 at 1:56 AM, So Whimsy said:

Go to manage listings - Show 100 items per page. Tick the box next to Date, it will tick all 100 listings.

Scroll down all the way and where it says "Modify selected items:" select "Edit" from the drop down menu.

It will open up a page. Scroll down and ONLY tick the SLURL box. Paste the new SLURL in and click update.

You have now successfully updated 100 listings with the new, up to date SLURL. Rinse and repeat for the rest of your products.

Thank you much for your answer but, the land mark I was talking about is an actual LM that I copied over from my INV to the Market Place contents and being outdated I wanted to replace them with a current one. A actual Landmark that is delivered to the customer into his or her INV. along side with the Dont Read Me file if it exists . Its an old habit I broke recently, been using that slurl option all the time now.

BUT I did learn from you that I can go back and do a mass edit after u had filled in all the blanks. I thought (assumed) once you filled in the info thru mass editing and then go back later for another mass edit would delete the info that is unique to each listing reducing it to back to the info from the mass edit. Bear with me hope that made sense

Oh!  SO I CAN mass edit those listings with that have the outdated LM and ADD a current SLURL into them. Its better then nothing. 

(Why didnt you say so!)

I think I just got gobsmacked!

2 hours ago, Studcrusher said:

Oh!  SO I CAN mass edit those listings with that have the outdated LM and ADD a current SLURL into them. Its better then nothing. 

(Why didnt you say so!)

I think I just got gobsmacked!

uh, but that IS what I told you :3

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.