I am having Bezier Curve Mesh problems again in importer

VirtualKitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone I am having Mesh curve problems importing after changing name do i have to change the group of vectors to the same is why i keep getting this silly error?

BezierCurve.05 mesh are part of MeshCurve - Walkway bot L or R or is this a long name issue which SL cant cope with ?

4ca01a3ad9c4fbd2d2d3eddeb6dea5fb.png

Hugs D 

Once again you are not making it easy for anyone trying to help you.  :)

1: A screenshot of your mesh objects in Blender.

2: Give your mesh objects more useful names.

example: Walkway1 instead of Walkway_one

Walkway2 instead of Walkway_one.001  

because what happens if/when you later need to use the corect naming convention with the suffix     _LOD2    _LOD1   _LOD0   and  _PHYS  the names become unnecessarily long.

Same for BezierCurve.004   BezierCurve.005 etc. Not only are these meaningless but it could lead to confusion. "Is VK trying to upload BezierCurves instead of mesh? "

If BezizerCurve.004 has been converted to mesh and is, for example one of two ropes on the left hand side of the Walkway then it could be named something like RopeWL1 (Rope, Walkway Left 1).

Try to put yourself in the place of someone reading your question and ask yourself "have I given enough relevant  information so that it is clear to another person what it is I am trying to do and what problems I have run into"   :)

Any ways,  I have tried an upload of an earlier version of your Walkway (3 mesh objects) which used similar (long) names to the one you are uploading at the moment and the uploader gave an error which seemed to have something to do with the physics models.

WalkwayUploadError.thumb.png.041188c943c75ffe086e8bbe6c45b8aa.png

So as a quick test I added 3 cube objects to the scene. These would be used as physics models, 1 for each of the visual models and named them accordingly with the suffix  _PHYS .

Walway3objects.thumb.png.1896a36b2632c1b0c68af019084b8779.png

Now with two  .dae files (one for the 3 visual models and one for the 3 physics models) the uploader accepts the models without indicating any errors :

1974806958_Walkwayuploadcorrect.thumb.png.95f80a7a9e5bd11110b690cde9dc912d.png

So I am guessing all you need to do is upload physics models for each visual model.

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.