Best Japanese female skins? Was there a store dedicated to that?

Kate Ayashi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently wearing Sana from [theSkinnery] with some eye changes by Izzies, but still looking for a better and more specifically Japanese look/skin. Angular and classic. Shape I can manage to customize well but faces I can only tweak so I need a good base to work with. And something that doesn't make me look like a baby-faced 18-year old kawaii girl. That look on a mid-30s woman (me) is weird to me, and I never was into that look growing up :)

A lot of the Asian-themed skins look to me to be too generic or SE Asian focused. ItGirl maybe?

I thought about a year ago when i came back to SL I came across a store dedicated to Japanese skins and shapes, but I didn't know how to keep landmarks back then and have forgotten the place.

Thoughts?

I'm a huge fan of Moccino Beauté's skins in general as they tend to have an older look about them. You could peek there perhaps. They aren't dedicated to it, but they have some options.

Skin Fair is also happening (through March 28) and you might find something in their shopping guide - https://juniperevents.net/skin-fair/2022-2/gallery/

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails

52 minutes ago, Kate Ayashi said:

Have checked out Mudskin and Nonnative and now also Moccino. Can not figure out how to find demos of the skins at Moccino, but am trying my best :)

I believe Moccino has the demo bottles on the far left. Or right. Or...wait, let me go see, LOL.

Okay - it's neither! Demos are the gray bottles next to the fatpack boxes. 😄

8 hours ago, Kate Ayashi said:

Thanks everyone. Juggling RL work *and* SL is fun :)

I figured the Moccino demos, btw. First visit there were no demo bottles showing/rendered. Next visit there were. Weird?

This is a thing! I've had that happen to me in stores before, too. Everything renders except the demos. Whaaaaat?!

6 hours ago, Kate Ayashi said:

Found a Moccino I like a lot!

Sadly the associated body BOM/skin looks broken on Maitreya Petite :(

Ohhhh you wear Petite hmmm... I've only ever tried Lara Flat/V-Tech, so I'm not entirely sure who even sells skins for the Petite add-on. I'd run around all the major skin stores and grab body demos and try them on with the head skin demo you like. Maybe...mayyyybe you'll get lucky and find a match.

Wait, Itty Bitty is happening right now. And don't forget Skin Fair also. Check those event galleries and see if there's something there that you can demo with the Moccino head.

I'll try to find a body skin with petite options that matches the Moccinos, too. Now I'm curious! If I come across something that works, I'll let you know.

Found stuffs
  • Like 1

Okay, that was easy. Head over to Velour. I managed to find some perfect matches there.

Grab the Ipanema Body Maitreya demos and go through them and look for skin tones that match your Moccino demo. The Moccino demo face I tried is Lel Evo X Visage. There's a notecard inside that says:

HELLO! THIS SKIN (depending on the tone) IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE BODY SKINS FROM:

'𝐌𝐎𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐄́' & '𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘'

So try finding a Moccino face skin with tones like "Blush, Chantilly, Ibiza, Rosekiss, etc."  - Velour's got the same ones. Yay! If you see skin tones like Mel, Pearl, Tan, Summer - those may match the Itgirls Queen body, so you can try there, too.

Btw, I did try these body skins on the Lara Petite demo and they look great. So definitely take a peek.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kate Ayashi said:

Found a Moccino I like a lot!

Sadly the associated body BOM/skin looks broken on Maitreya Petite :(

A good thing about Sana, which is the skin I am wearing, it has a perfect match for Glam Affair body skins that come with a Petite version and save some Izzie's layers correcting things made for Lara.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. The default skin I was wearing, Sana by theSkinnery (and associated body skin, Sorbet), works on the new Giwa shape, so I have that sorted. I'd prefer to wear the skin tone I bought for the Giwa shape from Moccino and will head to Velour and hack away at the demos there for a body match of the Sunkissed Giwa face skin I bought.

BTW, I always fiddle with the body shapes (and sometimes tweak the face shape a tiny bit) to make sure I don't look like some 7' tall Amazon woman with impossibly wide hips and tiny head. Who makes these shapes like that? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

My problem with skins is I have finally found a shape and look I like in a face that actually looks somewhat like me with the default values (younger sure, but not too young) in the Giwa at Moccino, but something is weird with the default BOM body skins they sell on Petite. I will get around to trying Velour for a body BOM shortly.

21 minutes ago, Kate Ayashi said:

Sunkiss (Velour) and Sunkissed (Moccino) are so far apart. I've got a notecard into the Moccino folks asking about whey their default "Prestige" skins that should match their head skins look so bad on Petite.

That's such a shame! And you bought the head skin already? I was going to suggest trying one of their Velour-matching shades. 

That's a good idea to ask - hopefully you get a response soon. 

Edit: I just tried on the Sunkissed Prestige body demo with the Sunkissed Giwa face skin demo and it looks okay on Petite. What are you seeing happen? It could be the actual demo itself. Are you trying on the Sunkissed Mince version? That one is suuuuper thin/skinny. Unfortunately, they don't have all the tones with all the body types available in the demo and it might actually look better in the Base version. Try one of the other Prestige body shades in Base or Plus and see if that looks any different on you. When you buy the full version, you will get Sunkissed in those styles, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's such a shame! And you bought the head skin already? I was going to suggest trying one of their Velour-matching shades. 

That's a good idea to ask - hopefully you get a response soon. 

Edit: I just tried on the Sunkissed Prestige body demo with the Sunkissed Giwa face skin demo and it looks okay on Petite. What are you seeing happen? It could be the actual demo itself. Are you trying on the Sunkissed Mince version? That one is suuuuper thin/skinny. Unfortunately, they don't have all the tones with all the body types available in the demo and it might actually look better in the Base version. Try one of the other Prestige body shades in Base or Plus and see if that looks any different on you. When you buy the full version, you will get Sunkissed in those styles, too.

Yeah, the minced is silly skinny, ribcage showing is not a healthy look.

I didn't see a Base Sunkissed for Maitreya in my demo folder. Both the Minced Sunkissed and anotehr Base one though just ruined the look of the Petite breasts. Flattened and squished them together obscenely, and added a dark shadow between them. Almost like the unrealistic look of Lara (without Petite) if you dialed the breast size down to 0. Will re-download the demo and see if that's an issue.

They also only have the five shades available for the Giwa Lelutka head, and the Sunkissed is about the closest to the real me.

Edited by Kate Ayashi
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kate Ayashi said:

Yeah, the minced is silly skinny, ribcage showing is not a healthy look.

I didn't see a Base Sunkissed for Maitreya in my demo folder. Both the Minced Sunkissed and anotehr Base one though just ruined the look of the Petite breasts. Flattened and squished them together obscenely, and added a dark shadow between them. Almost like the unrealistic look of Lara (without Petite) if you dialed the breast size down to 0. Will re-download the demo and see if that's an issue.

They also only have the five shades available for the Giwa Lelutka head, and the Sunkissed is about the closest to the real me.

That is strange. Mine looked okay, I think. Minus the ribs showing through. You sure you aren't wearing any additional cleavage layers from another skin or something? I'm pretty sure mine looked fairly normal. Take off alllllll the things and try the body demo again, after grabbing a fresh copy from the vendor.

And unfortunately, yeah, there is no other demo for Sunkissed in the package. Just Mince, which isn't exactly the best one to test things with.

Seems like it is only the Base one that is causing the issues. Pushing breasts together with a dark shadow. Mince (skinny) and muscled seem to be working with a new download, so I think I'm okay to buy and just use the muscled one. Thanks.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.