Looking For New Friends

SherrieBlossom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the years I've made some amazing friends. Sadly most of them are no longer active. The ones that are still around come on sporadically at best or are busy with their own things. For the past year I've been actively searching for friends, but they never really last. Most people want to hangout for a day or two and then stop communicating. I'm looking to make real connections/friendships. I'm very friendly and down to earth, so don't hesitate to contact me in world. Also, any advice on how/where to make friends would be greatly appreciated. 

A big problem with SL is how few people want to take initiative and send that first IM every day. So one person gets stuck doing it all the time, and gets burnt out.

Alternatively, a lot of us use SL for projects. My lasting friendships are with people that want to turn on voice and chat with me while I work on something- because otherwise I won't answer much, I'm using my hands already on what I'm doing.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

A big problem with SL is how few people want to take initiative and send that first IM every day. So one person gets stuck doing it all the time, and gets burnt out.

Alternatively, a lot of us use SL for projects. My lasting friendships are with people that want to turn on voice and chat with me while I work on something- because otherwise I won't answer much, I'm using my hands already on what I'm doing.

Good point!   I also think,  most do not like random IM's from strangers or unsolicited friend requests ...     most of the people who send those never end up being friends.

Places like Helping Haven are the best places to meet people when you are new,  but like you said - many of them are builders - and don't have time to type!  :)

• Like 2

If you like table games, go to various game sims. Usually friendly people at them. 

Search for Actually Love , it's a place that has panels of people looking for friends, dates etc. They are in individual buildings, one is dedicated to people looking for friends. 

Go to events that you normally may not go to, try new places, go exploring, strike up conversations with strangers.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.