Will my tier change if I give up my Premium Membership?

Haiku Quan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

If you give up both Premium memberships your Tier will drop to zero because you will not be allowed to own Mainland or Linden Homes.  Though you might need to pay rent to someone for a home afterwards.

If you drop only one Premium and do not reduce the amount of land owned, then yes your tier will likely go up -- but it totally depends on how much land you have and how much tier you currently pay for.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Each Premium account can contribute up to 1024 square meters of tier to a group, to pay for group-owned Mainland. Since a group can own 10% more land for the same tier payment, if two avatars are each contributing their entire free tier allowance, the group can own up to (1,024 + 1,024) x 1.10 = 2,252.8 square meters. But land comes in 16 sq. m. chunks, so in reality, that becomes 2,240 square meters.

Now, suppose one avatar removes her tier contribution to the group, then downgrades to Basic. The group needs another 1,024 square meters to pay for their land. Assuming no new group members show up to contribute, the burden falls on the remaining Premium member, who must now pay for an additional 1,024 sq. m, for a land fee of $7.00 USD per month.

You'll have to work this calculation for your particular situation. If the additional tier doesn't kick your remaining Premium account into the next tier level, then no, your tier won't increase. But if it does, as in the above example, then yes, it will.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.