Learn to create clothing items

PeachyPidge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great channel Alexacroft... thanks!

Quick question... I managed to create a simple shirt for one of those Dev muscle bodies, it worked after many tries and now I'm trying to take it a step further but I'm kind of lost. I'd like to build a dress like this one for a friend:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lizas-Vivian-lavender/13355955

The dress in that link works on every Dev muscle body I've seen even though it seems like it was built for a slender av. However, my first attempt at a shirt was built for a slender body and it did not work at all, it did not stretch over that muscle body as the dress in that link does. My question is how to build clothes like the dress in that link that stretch over all sorts of compatible bodies regardless of their size?

Any ideas?

if it is fit mesh it will not stretch over all sorts of bodies..  you would have to rig each one to a specific body.  And looking at that dress, I am not so sure it is even mesh.  The upper part and the sleeves look to be BOM or system layers, and the skirt is most likely flexi prims.  So if you built it that way then it would fit pretty much any body with perhaps a few adjustments on the skirt.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.