Is it worth it becoming a creator? & Is it safe?

Peachilee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there! I have been on second life for some time now. I have my own little shop that sells mostly tattoos but thought of branching out. However i felt a bit unsure since, id really like to make in real cash (nothing crazy, just some extra income would be nice!) however i just dont know if i 100% trust giving my information to second life to do so, especially being from the UK. 

So, is there any UK creators out there who can let me know how their experience with owning a shop and earning real money? It would be so helpful! Maybe letting me know their experience with problems if any, and if they themselves had worries.

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Giving LL/Tilia your information is safe, or at least as safe as, say, giving it to PayPal or Amazon. Whether you will make any money is another story. There are thousands of creators/merchants in SL, so many that it's been called "a nation of shopkeepers." But only a few hundred make enough to make their RL living from SL. The vast majority make, if they're lucky, enough to pay their SL expenses.

One should not get into the making and selling game to make money. You can make a LOT more with the same skills in other creative jobs/freelance gigs. One should do it because you love it. Have fun, and if it makes you some extra cash, that's a bonus.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Giving LL/Tilia your information is safe, or at least as safe as, say, giving it to PayPal or Amazon. Whether you will make any money is another story. There are thousands of creators/merchants in SL, so many that it's been called "a nation of shopkeepers." But only a few hundred make enough to make their RL living from SL. The vast majority make, if they're lucky, enough to pay their SL expenses.

One should not get into the making and selling game to make money. You can make a LOT more with the same skills in other creative jobs/freelance gigs. One should do it because you love it. Have fun, and if it makes you some extra cash, that's a bonus.

I agree! I am happy to say i love playing SL and making money is just another amazing bonus from it! Thank you for the reply :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.