Homepage link

FrankiePalmero Actor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to submit a ticket before posting here, but the type of issue I am having is not listed under the drop-down menu(s).

I just finished contacting Flickr, because the link that directs SL residents to my photostream on Flickr doesn't work. The support person figured out the problem:

"The trouble here lies in the formatting of the URL. To access the account, you'll want to go to to https://www.flickr.com/photos/123590074 @N03/ you'll see the N is not capitalized in the URL you provided, which leads to that 404 error."

After providing Flickr support with 2 screenshots (attached below), they quickly confirmed that the link was entered correctly and that the issue is with Second Life.

Thanks,

Frank

Screenshot #1 is before clicking Save

Screenshot #2 is after clicking Save

Screenshot_20220127-135121_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220127-135028_Chrome.jpg

The "homepage" field is only visible to those who have web profiles enabled - that's probably limited to only those who use the official LL viewer as just about every third party viewer uses the much faster "legacy" profiles. Even LL have a test client in which they are testing reverting back to these much faster (and hence better) profiles.

If you want to have a link to your Flickr account you would probably do better by putting the link at the bottom of your "Biography" as that way it is visible to anyone in SL and not just those who use web profiles (which honestly is not the majority).

5 hours ago, Kyle Blackwood said:

The "homepage" field is only visible to those who have web profiles enabled

I'm not sure about other TPVs, but in Firestorm the "Web" tab does expose the homepage URL at the very top. Clicking on the "load" button fetches contents of the page directly into the profile window. Interestingly, it has a different capitalization than the Lab's native web profile that is changing everything into lower case.

Ticket could be useful. As a workaround I'd suggest to use a service like TinyUrl, for example: https://tinyurl.com/frankie-palmero-actor-flickr

obraz.png

Edited by panterapolnocy

53 minutes ago, panterapolnocy said:

I'm not sure about other TPVs, but in Firestorm the "Web" tab does expose the homepage URL at the very top. Clicking on the "load" button fetches contents of the page directly into the profile window. Interestingly, it has a different capitalization than the Lab's native web profile that is changing everything into lower case.

Ticket could be useful. As a workaround I'd suggest to use a service like TinyUrl, for example: https://tinyurl.com/frankie-palmero-actor-flickr

obraz.png

That's actually an embedded web profile in the Firestorm legacy profile - it just takes the web profile page and (after a delay) displays it. I am not sure how many actually make use of that tab.

1 hour ago, Kyle Blackwood said:

That's actually an embedded web profile in the Firestorm legacy profile - it just takes the web profile page and (after a delay) displays it. I am not sure how many actually make use of that tab.

No.

FSWebProfileTab.jpg.d4e84b150390c9473dc62976149c553f.jpg

It defaults to displaying the Web Profile. It actually does allow you to enter in and display a Homepage/web page. If one has entered a web page into that box at the top (on their own profile) it will give any user who views that tab the option to load it in right there, open it externally or open the user's web profile page (plus externally).

In the above screen shot you can see that I have mine filled out but I did not load my set web page yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.