Massive script time reporting Changes now

dd Temin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

It would be helpful to get a little more sense of what's changed...

One addition to the blog posting....  In the Statistics Bar under the Server section are some timings of work performed during a frame.  You may see times reduced in a number of areas (e.g. physics, net) and not just scripting (which is the one everyone pays attention to).  Note that the qualifier is *may see* and not *should see*.  Individual results will vary.

• Thanks 2

Really impressed by the script performance improvements.

It feels like at least half a magnitude better than before (mostly in 50% percentile latency for some stuff) for a script i used that does some script heavy stuff before and usually was too slow. Now it gets very acceptable performance for my usecase.

It is a kind of radar script that collided with a monte carlo simulation, and i added latency measurement before. In the old world of less than 100% scripts run it suffered quite a bit. But now it gets in the realm of being useable.

From ~75-90% scripts run before the last Autumn to ~60-65% during Autumn (still wonder why it dropped back then, although not really important now), to 100% with 2ms spare time after December server upgrades to 100% with 15ms spare time now (stats for my region).

That's quite an improvement. I'm almost sad I can't even realisticly use half of those new resources, because I'll run out of land impact long before that, even if every single thing I'll rezz will be scripted. But it definitely does benefit some overloaded regions too. There's one store I check from time to time, with far too many vendors out, it was usually having less than 10% scripts run, and now around 85%.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.