Bought item and it didn't deliver

pastelcatte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I went to an in world store today and bought a clothing item, but it never delivered to my received items or recent. It's nowhere in my inventory because I searched for it too. I tried to use the redelivery terminal, but it doesn't show up there either, however my linden is gone as if I've purchased it. What can I do about this? I have no idea how to contact the seller.

4 answers to this question

Also check your Objects folder.  If it's still nowhere to be found, go to your SL dashboard Account/Transaction history on the left side.  Find the transaction and copy/paste it onto a Notecard inworld.  Open up the creators profile and see how.they prefer being contacted.  If it's by notecard, simply add your name to the notecard with the transaction and explain that you didn't receive the.item nor was it in the redelivery terminal.  If they prefer IM or have a customer service rep, do that.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Also check your Objects folder.  If it's still nowhere to be found, go to your SL dashboard Account/Transaction history on the left side.  Find the transaction and copy/paste it onto a Notecard inworld.  Open up the creators profile and see how.they prefer being contacted.  If it's by notecard, simply add your name to the notecard with the transaction and explain that you didn't receive the.item nor was it in the redelivery terminal.  If they prefer IM or have a customer service rep, do that.  

How do I make a notecard?? I am newer to the game so I don't know how to do these sorts of things. Also the creator's profile doesn't really seem to list a preferred method of communication. But I did find the transaction.

Edit: When I said I checked recent, I meant that I also did check the objects folder. Nothing is in there.

Edited by pastelcatte
Added information

At the bottom of inventory, there is a + sign.  Open that and Create Notecard.  Then, just write it like any other note you'd write to someone.  Copy and paste the transaction info.  SAVE when done.  It's also a good idea to rename the note.  I generally use...

Regarding failed delivery for Rowan Amore as the name of the note.

• Like 3

Rowan's advice is spot on.

However, for your further edification, only items you buy on the Marketplace show up in your Received Items. Things you buy in world show up in one of two places: either a new top-level folder with its own name, or as a box in your Objects folder. I find that, especially if you have a large or disorganized inventory, looking for new deliveries in the Recent tab can speed things up.

Also, when buying things, you should not be in Busy (Unavailable) mode. In the past, items would be automatically refused and vanish into limbo forever if you were in this mode. I've been told that's been fixed, but I still would not completely trust it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.