Whats going on with my hair? Not Transparent, picking up skin texture

emodorito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey all, 

I appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out. I am a new resident and I have not experienced this before. I was playing around with the new gift head from Lelutka and when I added my hair on I got this weird thing going on with the bangs which looks like its picking up my skin texture and its not transparent as I expect it to be. 

Can anyone give me hand with finding a solution to fix this? Pictures are below. Thank you!!

695ZoJA.pngZNKkhkC.png

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, emodorito said:

Hey all, 

I appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out. I am a new resident and I have not experienced this before. I was playing around with the new gift head from Lelutka and when I added my hair on I got this weird thing going on with the bangs which looks like its picking up my skin texture and its not transparent as I expect it to be. 

Can anyone give me hand with finding a solution to fix this? Pictures are below. Thank you!!

695ZoJA.pngZNKkhkC.png

Try using BOM eyebrows and not HD appliers.

4 hours ago, emodorito said:

Hey all, 

695ZoJA.pngZNKkhkC.png

It is called alpha occlusion. The alpha blend face(s) of your mesh hair are fighting the alpha blend face(s) of your mesh eyebrows layer.

If BoM eyebrows are not an option with your head, you can also fix it by using the edit menu to change the alpha mode of either hair or eyebrows to "Alpha masking" followed with a mask cutoff value high enough to retain "most" of the original look. This might leave a pixelated look, though.

Practice on a copy of the head and not the original in case you mess it up. 😉

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.