Possible Malware/Spam Alert.

arabellajones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Overnight, I received an email purporting to be from Second Life, which fits a classic malware delivery pattern.

1: It claimed to be from "secondlife@stellaconnect.net"

2: It claimed to be about a service-quality survey.

3: Responding to the survey requires me to click on a link to "stellaconnect.net"

I have never seen this domain linked to Second Life before, and step 3 is a common point to deliver and install malware, by taking advantage of a software bug in the OS or email client. There is a genuine stellaconnect but my preliminary check only revealed a "stellaconnect.com"

I would urge anyone receiving such an email to be very very careful.

On 12/12/2021 at 5:09 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Did you recently contact LL support?

LL uses Stella Connect for their support now & you'll be sent a satisfaction survey thingy after a support contact.

Do you have a URL to a web page, definitely controlled by Linden Lab, that documents this?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, arabellajones said:

Do you have a URL to a web page, definitely controlled by Linden Lab, that documents this?

Not exactly a web page controlled by the Lab, but I'd call Inara a credible source: https://modemworld.me/2018/09/20/second-life-switches-to-stella-connect-for-support-feedback/  - it is worth to note that this article from 2018 mentions the "secondlife-at-stellaconnect.net" domain.

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.