help with bom tattoos , new tattoo maker

Hugh Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, i am new on tattoos, i got a shop already Dark Tattoo and i got lot tattoos already, i using the kits from signature,legacy ,maitreya ,men and woman

the question is, is any another tool to make easy and make full body tattos and all that? at the moment i do sleeves,top and back tattoos, but when i see on the shops some fullbody tattoos i think maybe is a easy template to use o technic , i use photoshop, any help from experts will be very apreciate , thank you

here are my mp tattoos at the moment

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/158741

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2021 at 8:07 PM, Hugh Voxel said:

Hi guys, i am new on tattoos, i got a shop already Dark Tattoo and i got lot tattoos already, i using the kits from signature,legacy ,maitreya ,men and woman

the question is, is any another tool to make easy and make full body tattos and all that? at the moment i do sleeves,top and back tattoos, but when i see on the shops some fullbody tattoos i think maybe is a easy template to use o technic , i use photoshop, any help from experts will be very apreciate , thank you

here are my mp tattoos at the moment

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/158741

Hi there. I've noticed that the seams are not perfectly aligned. They either allow the texture to lay how it will on arms and legs, or the shoulder to arms, without manually painting the other side for a better match on the seams.

That would take a very long time to do that, which is why it's not seen like that.

There could be perhaps an artist or two that paints the other side manually, but I doubt it.

That would take up extra time from creating newer designs to push out into their stores.

I have gone to your store and didn't see any listings, and after logging in with all filters enabled, still no listings.

I hope this doesn't mean you have given up.

I suggest creating designs that only go on the top of the arm, instead of trying to make the textures match up along the seams.

For me, it's not worth the battle.

Next time you want to show off what you can create, upload your photos to Flickr or a blog, then link to that. Forum mods frown on linking to stores, both inworld and the marketplace.

Also, it is very frustrating when people refuse to reply and give an answer, when they know the answer.

I suggest joining the official store groups and if they have a discord server, to join those, as they will have a help channel you can ask in.

You should use the uv template that comes in the dev kit for each body you want to create for. Meshbody has their own uv maps, that you can grab from their website.

Open the notecard that comes with their bodies for the link.

I don't own a tattoo store but I have made some skins including patterned ones for personal use, and this is what I've been doing. It works for me using Paintshop Pro, it would work with Photoshop, I don't know if GIMP has the required tools or not. 

• Start by making the skin/tattoo as normal using just the UV template as a guide. Save it to disk but leave it open in your graphics editor.
  • Make a new tattoo layer inworld, wear it then apply your tattoo as a LOCAL texture using Firestorm. 
  • Check for where there are mismatches and use the WARP and PUSH tools (in Paintshop Pro) or LIQUIFY (in Photoshop) to make small adjustments. Keep the tool brush small to avoid distortions. 
  • Save as you go, and you can see the change as it happens on your avatar. If you go too far you can Undo and re-try.
  • Repeat until satisfied, then upload as full textures.

Yes it's time consuming, but that's why skins and full-body tattoos are not cheap. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 2:29 AM, Maitimo said:

I

• Check for where there are mismatches and use the WARP and PUSH tools (in Paintshop Pro) or LIQUIFY (in Photoshop) to make small adjustments. Keep the tool brush small to avoid distortions. 
  •  

I wish I could use liquify in PS but my graphics card is not powerful and it's faded. do you know of another way to warp and smooth out with any adobe software? I have the "all apps bundle"

5 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I wish I could use liquify in PS but my graphics card is not powerful and it's faded. do you know of another way to warp and smooth out with any adobe software? I have the "all apps bundle"

"Faded" doesn't sound like a graphics card issue, that sounds more like something in your settings in PS.  Like you have a partial transparency on the brush or the layer. I would suggest finding a PS forum (like this, but for Photoshop) and asking in there what might be causing it.

I use Paintshop Pro, not Photoshop, so I can't really help. But I don't think it's a hardware issue.

If it IS a hardware issue, then you'll need to upgrade your graphics card.

On 2/7/2022 at 3:54 AM, Maitimo said:

"Faded" doesn't sound like a graphics card issue, that sounds more like something in your settings in PS.  Like you have a partial transparency on the brush or the layer. I would suggest finding a PS forum (like this, but for Photoshop) and asking in there what might be causing it.

I use Paintshop Pro, not Photoshop, so I can't really help. But I don't think it's a hardware issue.

If it IS a hardware issue, then you'll need to upgrade your graphics card.

I know I need to upgrade, just cannot afford to.

It has told me I cannot use it because of my graphics.

Anyhow wanted to let you know that when I started up adobe fresco today, that it said in a future update, that liquify is coming to it!

Maybe it will be less intensive on my pc.

If it's still the same as PS, then hopefully I can find one I can afford.

I mean I could do that anyways but I so love creating with fresco, really inspires me to draw for fun and not just for a profit.

:)

On 1/27/2022 at 12:29 AM, Maitimo said:
  •  

• Start by making the skin/tattoo as normal using just the UV template as a guide. Save it to disk but leave it open in your graphics editor.
  • Make a new tattoo layer inworld, wear it then apply your tattoo as a LOCAL texture using Firestorm. 
  • Save as you go, and you can see the change as it happens on your avatar. If you go too far you can Undo and re-try.
  • Repeat until satisfied, then upload as full textures.

Yes it's time consuming, but that's why skins and full-body tattoos are not cheap. 

Hello Maitimo,  I am not trying to high jack this thread but I had a question directly related.   I have a problem when doing this, in that,  after a few saves it no longer seems to "show up" ...   wondered if you,  or anyone else had this issue and knows why it happens?   

14 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

Hello Maitimo,  I am not trying to high jack this thread but I had a question directly related.   I have a problem when doing this, in that,  after a few saves it no longer seems to "show up" ...   wondered if you,  or anyone else had this issue and knows why it happens?   

Sorry, I've never had that problem.  Did you try taking off and re-adding the tattoo layer?

7 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Sorry, I've never had that problem.  Did you try taking off and re-adding the tattoo layer?

Yes...   I have to start re-naming it and add from local.   Or,  close Ps  and wait a little while and start again.   My liquify stops working as well,  after a few uses....

Must be me :)    Technology - I love it, but it hates me. LOL

17 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

Yes...   I have to start re-naming it and add from local.   Or,  close Ps  and wait a little while and start again.   My liquify stops working as well,  after a few uses....

Must be me :)    Technology - I love it, but it hates me. LOL

You might be running out of RAM - every action you do in PS will save to your Undo history; if that fills up, it might cause things to stop working. Closing and re-opening PS will fix that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.