My Avi has been a white cloud for 3 days

SyiLynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have read many post about this and have tried what people tell others, but none of that seems to work.

Clearing the cache worked the first time it happethe other day, but since then it will not work. 

I have tried doing the whole change outfit thing, and let the inventory load, didnt work.

I have seen people say do a ctrl-alt comand but when I try that in my viewer, nothing happens

Ive done several things and i'm starting to get flustered.

If this helps any....

I have a Windows 7 Asus 

64 bit graphics card

Intel Core i5

4GB, 500GB

Apperently everyone else can see my avi but me, I just see a white cloud. everything is slow and loads half way.

It just started doing this 3 days ago, otherwise it was fine.

It tends to crash a lot now and sometimes wont let me chat.

I have run a vris scan nothing. I ran a malware scan and found two trojans, got rid of them. 

I have defragmented and done a disk clean up

I have seen some people say get off wireless and plug in a cable, but I do not have access to one, so I am stuck on wireless. =/ 

Please help! I delated it and tried redownloading and im still a cloud.

I downloaded Phonix and I can see myself on there, but it too seems to be slow.

My internet speed tested at 

Download: 10.35mph

Upload: 0.75mph

Ping: 47ms

Thank you for the help! 

if you are using viewer 2, go to advanced menu, if you cant see it, press ctrl+alt+d to bring it out

once there, go to Show Debug Settings, is almost at the bottom of the menu, that will bring the debug settings window

in the search bar of the debug settings window, type renderunloadedAvatar

select True as the option and close the window.

your avatar will be un-cloud immediatly.

I had to do a character test to get my avi to rez. She was a cloud too and if not a cloud then she was ruthed badly. You have to go into the advanced menu to do the test. Its ctrl alt D to bring it up. Go to advanced, then down to character on the list and do click test male or female. Your avi will go back to your orginal sl avi. Then wear your shape, skin, hair etc. Its like starting from the very beginning but it worked for me. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Canoro Philipp wrote:

if you are using viewer 2, go to advanced menu, if you cant see it, press ctrl+alt+d to bring it out

once there, go to Show Debug Settings, is almost at the bottom of the menu, that will bring the debug settings window

in the search bar of the debug settings window, type renderunloadedAvatar

select True as the option and close the window.

your avatar will be un-cloud immediatly.

Please note:

"The RenderUnloadedAvatar debug setting is at best a band-aid solution; it will force your viewer to render an avatar using incomplete, possibly incorrect information, and works only for your viewer, not others. (Think about the name of the setting: render unloaded avatar. Meaning… draw the avatar even though it is not yet fully loaded by the viewer. So… it will be shown, partially, maybe nearly completely. Maybe not. Thus it is a “band aid” solution, not a fix.)"

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

As I understand it, your viewer puts on all your clothes, attachments, etc, first.  It then sends the information to the Server which then sends it to everyone else.  If the process is not completed correctly in your Viewer, then every one who is viewing you will see a cloud.

This problem should go away when (if) they move Avatar baking server side.

ETA, I just realized how old this OP was.  Glad that someone found a solution they needed here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.