Stop being so laggy, people!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can kill the scripts on the hair once fixed to your liking.  However, I don't know if the other hair with scripts stored in my inventory and not worn is laggy?????????????????????????? even though not worn.  Do I need to kill all the scripts for all the colors of my scripted hair even though I don't like those particular colors nor wear them.  Are the scripts still running even tho stored in inventory :/

?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but newbies don't know that unless it is described in the item how many scripts their actually are in the product they are buying.  Hair does not say "scripted" nor how many scripts, nor do other items that are scripted say how many scripts.

I think you need a non-scripted cool items thread so people can see some cool low lag items to purchase. 

Mayalily wrote:

Re:  Scripted items.  Do scripted items still 'cuz lag even when they are in your inventory not on your avatar?  [..]

not specifically, but having a large inventory can force you to have to download more and slows down your connection, but that information doesn't come from the region but rather the asset server.

and not all scripted items offer the ability to remove scripts... the better ones do. items that are no-mod with copiable scripts cannot be removed except by script due to a long standing bug.

and no, you can't tell how many scripts are in an item that's still in a vendor unless it's listed, but you can with rezzed items, and demos.

Thanks.  I will try to kill all the scripts in my hair and then see if they are indeed removed.  Some shades I was saving for Halloween 'cuz they're just too bright of a shade of a blonde for me.   The shades look more like a glowing carrot rather than blonde. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.