I was banned from the land my house is on after paying rent and don't know why, owner won't respond.

Ura Gisaku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had just paid four weeks of rent and went off hunting.  I tried to teleport back home a little while later and couldn't!  I sent the owner an IM and notecard, but have not received a response or reason for the ban.  What can I do?  How can I get my money and things back?

2 answers to this question

You might not be able to do anything but stew for a while.  Assuming that the landlord is honest, he may just not have received your note.  Many people don't log in to SL every day, and some don't have their IMs forwarded to e-mail (or their IMs have been capped, so they are never delivered in the first place). If you haven't heard in a few days, send another very polite note asking what's up, and hope for a reply.  If the landlord is NOT honest, you'll never get a reply and you're out your rent.  You can file an Abuse Report, complaining about misappropriation of your property (unless he returns it).

• Like 1

Hello Ura.

1)Wait a little more the owner. It is possible to log in soon. You never know.

2)Try to contact the estate manager or someone else by the staff.

3)Did you check the map if the sim is down? Do you see other people there?

4)Why you said that you were banned by the land? When you try to teleport you are kicked out in a closest spot or just you are unable to teleport and it says just "try later etc"?

Teleporting to a parcel from which you are banned (either explicitly or because the parcel is not public) will send you to the closest spot in the region you're allowed to access. Teleporting to a region from which you are banned (either explicitly or because the estate is not public) will fail, with the error message "You are banned from the region."

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Ban

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.