Click to clear TP beacon changes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Up to a few weeks ago, I had reliable behaviour with clicking.

I would arrive at my place, there would be a red arrow from the TP which would be showing on top of a funicular with a click-to-sit seating.

I would click on the red arrow and it would clear from the screen. I would then click on the funicular and be seated.

A few weeks ago, this reliable behaviour was reversed.

When I clicked on the red arrow, I would find myself seated in the funicular, with the red arrow still there and I had to click it to remove it.

I had just got used to this when today's unexpected restarts occurred.

When I returned after the region came back up again, I had the old behaviour back.

Clicking on the red arrow once more removed it, leaving me with the second click to be seated.

What I m now uncertain of is, which is the correct behaviour? When several touchable zones are coincident on the screen, is there an explicit order to them that determines how they are processed?

The red beacon arrow's click target location should reliably be near enough that only dialog boxes and windows (floaters and sidebars) can occlude it.  The arrow should be NEARER than name tags and HUDs, also, so that we can see the arrow and click it to clear it when it's X.Y position is coincident with a name tag or a HUD or a combination of the two.  While we are at it, HUDs are to occlude name tags so the HUD remains visible and touchable.  Hmm...  So, Floater-space is closest, then HUDs, then the beacon arrow, then inworld objects, including name tags, which should remain in the vicinity of the avatar.  I remember some wild excursions were taken some years ago when I was smoke-testing builds prior to them becoming release candidate.  At one time the name tags were in your face-close, like the beacon arrow, causing a big fight.  The build was promoted to release candidate anyway, and many residents tried it and there was much rejoicing but even more screaming.  Then the hunt was on to determine what changed to cause the name tags to occlude everything.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.