Looking for a Homestead to Purchase please list below what u have thanks :)

divarachylou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

You do have a full sim already, correct? Ownership of a full sim is needed to then buy/own a homestead.

Renting a homestead is possible without owning a full sim, though. Look for rates around 6500L/week or so ... anything veering towards 7000L/week is paying much more than needed based on the real US$ costs for the owner. I won't personally consider anything above 6700L/week if I were in the market. (Yes, I can terraform and landscape myself, thankfully.)

If I had the bucks I'd simply buy a full sim, and then as many homesteads as I could based on rental demand and charge only at cost for people so they could have the space they wanted without paying anything beyond my own cost. Of course, support would be very very basic.

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

You do have a full sim already, correct? Ownership of a full sim is needed to then buy/own a homestead.

Renting a homestead is possible without owning a full sim, though. Look for rates around 6500L/week or so ... anything veering towards 7000L/week is paying much more than needed based on the real US$ costs for the owner. I won't personally consider anything above 6700L/week if I were in the market. (Yes, I can terraform and landscape myself, thankfully.)

If I had the bucks I'd simply buy a full sim, and then as many homesteads as I could based on rental demand and charge only at cost for people so they could have the space they wanted without paying anything beyond my own cost. Of course, support would be very very basic.

You do know 7k week or roughly 28k a month is less than break even when tier is 109$US. Most estates are charging closer to 30-32K simply because LL have easier cashed out fees. Some land barons still paying 95 grandfather tier can charge 28k but most cannot. 

Last time I checked, ahem, it was US$109/month to own a homestead, as you point out. Good. So to math we go!

US$109 is equal—at this very moment—to 26,218L (I just checked a buy of $109 of Lindens). Not 28K. And your calculations seem to be based on a four week month (your 7K and 28K/month remark) ... but there are 52 weeks in 12 months; so 4.333 weeks/month. So in reality that works out to 6,050.30 per week every year. Here's the math ...

26,218 x 12 months / 52 weeks = 6050.30L/week

And yes, I am not taking the cost of purchasing the sim into account (US$149), but I'm happy to amotorize even that into my calculation over a year (52 weeks). That adds 688.80L per week over a 12 month period.

6,739.10L/week. And then after that year that extra nearly 700/week is profit for the owner.

Now tell me why I'd pay anyone more than about 6,700/week again, because 6739 is the real cost, even with the purchase included. Or for the landlords, why you think you need to charge more than 6700L/week for the rent of a basic flat homestead sim? And that assumes you are not paying for the initial purchase in one year, if you assume 18 months it means less cost/month. And if you've owned that homestead for the year I have suggested, why the rent is more than 6100L/week? Remember, after 12 months and the initial $149 buy is paid off, the actual cost of owning that homestead is only 6,050L/week.

That's why I suggest 6400L/week to 6700L/week is a good price, depending on how long the landlord expects to hold a new homestead, and much lower if they have owned it for more than that first year and have paid off the initial $149 buy. (Aside ... I also think that the initial purchase of $149 includes the first month's tier? That would then lower my monthly cost estimates.)

(I do allow that there are some landlords who provide excellent customer service and extremely well landscaped sims (though that's simple enough to duplicate over and over, once designed) who incorporate those services into their rental fees, as they should. I am, however, strictly talking about the actual cost in L/$ of a flat basic homestead sim here.)

My math's correct, so I'm not getting where your 7K/week ownership is coming from.

(Note: I think that Europeans get charged VAT? That would affect the cost, I grant you. I don't get charged that.)

PS. I'd buy a Homestead sim from LL in a drop dead second if it wasn't tied to owning a full sim. $109/month I can afford, more than twice that for a full sim even with 4x the prims/LI? I can't.

Though if I stopped buying so many clothes and stuff from Apple Fall in SL, I might be able to pull even a full sim off ;) 

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

• 1 month later...

I agree to your customer point of view, and I always suggest people to get regions and homesteads from LL directly if they could. But most doesn't want to spend that extra cost to buy the region. 

Now this is what happens to your landlord who is trying to take profit to her/his RL, I am pretty sure that last part isn't applicable for those who are making lindens just to spend it all in SL or see it as a hobby or RP.

So lets start trying to get 109$ to pay LL tier, 240 is the best exchange rate, it rarely ever goes to 239 and if you want it quick its 241! That's just the cost. And yeah, they have to pay fees to LL to get it converted to dollars as region tier fees are not in L$.

1575766512_Tryingtoget109.png.370c753fe2c8ae3b16529d912c21921e.png

Finally after waiting for 1 year to get profits and going through all the phases of people abandoning the region or just disappearing without paying rent and it staying on market for 1 or 2 weeks or sometimes even longer if you have much more regions and SL is slowing down. 

When your landlord is charging 6300L$/week which is 27000L$/month, this is what he get. So if its a normal homestead, he is paying from his pocket just to get a renter.

image.png.55d7419d64681f24ef290088bd60dd1d.png

As not all has the money to buy GF region or could hold those regions since the olden days, lets consider the 6700L$/Week or 28714L$/month.

image.png.5474ed10477ec5727a2d680080c1290f.png

So $115.47 - $109 = 6.47$/month profit at the 100% perfect scenario with full occupancy since the day you bought that region.

Now lets try taking this money to RL, most serious real estate businesses in SL does try to do that!

569658761_TryingtotaketoRL.png.f9b70e9d196a17b10831996196f2ad15.png

$6.47 becomes $6.14 once it reaches your RL, then if you want to convert it to any other currency, depending on the country there is another fee by paypal, which brings it down even further. This is by considering you are not subjected to VAT.

Maybe the real estate giants who has lot of grandfathered regions would be able to offer it at 6300L$-6700L$/week but I don't think others would be able to do that, certainly not if they are trying to run a business in RL, not a non-profit organization. I also do not think anyone who has business expereince in SL (or even RL) would expect it to be a perfect place with  constant number of serious people who always pay rent on time and never leave it on arrears and disappear.

All I could say is bless those who pay $109 to LL and still offer us a homestead for 6300L$ - 6700L$, they are the real SL saints!

Edited by mjyothis
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.