Do You Get SL Weary?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sometimes get a bit weary of SL, and when that happens I go and do something else.  

When you've been around in SL for a few years, you start to get a feeling you've seen everything.  All the amazing builds that must have taken people hundreds of hours to create.  And on the other hand all the random ugliness created by people who can't build properly or don't care.  All the nice clubs with good music and friendly guests.  When you've learned to build and texture and made all the stuff you can think of.  When you've got your avatar just how you want it to be.  

There's a point when anything just becomes 'more of the same'.  This is not a criticism of Linden Lab, what they've provided us with is wonderful.  Just that you can only really take SL so far, and then it reaches a sort of equilibrium.  

Some of the new graphics features like shadows and depth of field look promising for the future, but we'll have to wait for computers and broadband connections to catch up before we can enjoy them properly!

• 7 months later...

I get weary. Often! 

We did the club thing, went into theatre, cabaret bar, beach front, back to theatre, tea house, back to theatre again. We retired as a club after a few months, but 3 years on nearly now the place has been rebuilt a dozen times and the folk that inhabit it as some of the most creative and enjoyable funny people I know.

Bordom and wearyness come often. Try something different every time they arrive our you will stagnate >.>

^^ 

that one of the most difficult thing to deal with. the feeling of being lost and lonely in a crowd. specially if we are quite a social person, which is true of many ppl who in the club scene

is also the demands of keeping up a social front. when other ppl have come to expect that we will act or behave in a certain way. that quite tiring as well sometimes

so we often try to seek solace in other ways. like take long exploring walks in lonely places. see if we can find something in all that for ourselves. is quite hard that sometimes as well, bc we start to worry that we neglecting our friends, maybe being a bit selfish, doubt creeps in and so on. we build up images in our minds that way. images that our friends actual understand and try tell us that they cool with us, and is ok, and is all good with them. but we still feel a bit funny about it. so we not find the solace we was hoping

same when we think to learn a new skill and start going to class. we meet new ppl and make new friends when we do. that can prey on our minds as well sometimes. bc we then start worry about our old friends and how we maybe neglecting them as well now. so we start feel guilty about that. and we end up stop doing the new thing and go back to our old friends and carry on doing same old same old. then we get angry and dispirited with ourselfs for being like that

is terrible the things we do to ourselves sometimes

some of us are loners and others self-confident by nature. most of us are not tho. we social beings and we all have our share of insecurities and feelings. in fits and starts we also search for the elusive eternal love and a true companion. some of us find it. some of us not. most is fleeting in online worlds. sometimes, just sometimes, we do find it tho. truly eternal, deep and everlasting love and companionship. so bc of that we hope and keep searching while also dealing with all the doubts and images in our minds about this and all the other things as well

ok. sorry. am start to mumble now (:

so anyways

what i do when i get this way then i try be something i am not, or dont think i am. i change my avatar into another completely different look. total makeover. diff skin, diff eyes, hair, clothes, diff posture AO. everything. i work on basis that appearance is 9/10ths of everything in an avatar world. then i imagine what that person would be like and try really hard to be that person in how i act and interact with other ppl i see. i not go to where i normally go tho, lol no. just pick some random place that fit with my new self and see what happens. i usual end up saying and doing things that i would never do when dressed as i normally would be. it starts out as a character play but my own self usual comes thru eventually. just in a different way. quite unexpectedly different sometimes

i do bc it helps me deal with the issues in my mind that i mention above. they largely imaginations of my own making brought on by self-pressure. so i try to accept that about myself. that i am quite an imaginative person, even if it impact me negatively sometimes.  and then try make my imagination work for me in another way. like try to lead my imagination and not have it lead me

sometimes when i do this then is spectacular fail. glorious even jejejejjejeje (: no matter how hard i try to do somethings, is just not me at all. nah uh. no way. but oh well. at least i know that for a fact now (:

other times i do have lots of real fun tho and is quite cool to find out things about myself that i never knew was in me

when i meet up with my normal friends later on then i do have interesting things to chat about. even the bigtime fails (: and now and again end up organising dress up and tour parties for some them to places that they have only ever imagined doing up til then. boldly go and all that. which can also sometimes help them to begin leading their imagination as well. something like that anyways (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.