My Linden home has terrible lag!

Bamboo Druth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As a premium member I was given a nice Linden home in the most southern of the three islands of Bellisaria. 

The lag is so bad that I have to dial down my graphics to the level I use in a crowded club. I have not come close to using all the prims available in the home, and there are rarely any neighbors nearby. The land is entirely Linden homes, so there are no nearby clubs or venues.

I thought Bellisaria was one of the newer areas for Linden homes, and the area does continue to get nice updates to it's landscaping and roads. But the lag sure takes some fun out of the place. Is it just me? Am I doing something to cause this? How do I get out of the lag?

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Bamboo Druth said:

As a premium member I was given a nice Linden home in the most southern of the three islands of Bellisaria. 

The lag is so bad that I have to dial down my graphics to the level I use in a crowded club. I have not come close to using all the prims available in the home, and there are rarely any neighbors nearby. The land is entirely Linden homes, so there are no nearby clubs or venues.

I thought Bellisaria was one of the newer areas for Linden homes, and the area does continue to get nice updates to it's landscaping and roads. But the lag sure takes some fun out of the place. Is it just me? Am I doing something to cause this? How do I get out of the lag?

Turn your graphics back up but drop your draw distance when you're inside your home or in your yard.  128 shows an entire region.  There's no need to have it above 56 or so at home.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bamboo Druth said:

The lag is due to all of the stuff rezzed by all of your neighbors -- lots of high textures and way overly complex mesh.  As Rowan says, turn the draw distance way down and then your computer is not trying to rez all of that extra stuff.  

I only turn my draw distance up when I'm exploring around the area or taking pictures.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.