BoM (or Omega) Tattoos and Bento Female Bits

Dahlia Bloodrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a tattoo that I love, but it encroaches more than a little on the area used by Bento female bits. 

I have a Maitreya Lara body and have experimented with the bits made by Sensations and the bits made by Sessions & ASA.  Apologies for being cutesy,  just trying to keep this far away from being unambiguously adult.  The tattoo has both Maitreya BoM and Omega Appliers.  Except for the part that overlaps, both appliers work fine.  

Is there a way to make either of them (or another one)  pick up the part of the tattoo that overlaps.  I've tried different orders of application  (and applying to different layers in the Maitreya body).  I can't seem to make it work.  Am I missing something?  

No you are not missing anything.  It's one of the reasons we'd like all the mesh bodies to be mod.

Tattoos have to be 'painted' onto the UV-map of the body.  For almost all bodies that is the good old SL body UV-map.  Unfortunately that UV-map does not have a part for the part you mention.

It might be possible for an add-on part maker to map a little bit the body UV-map onto it so that BoM tattoos would be seen, but I'm not clever enough to know how.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dahlia Bloodrose said:

I have a tattoo that I love, but it encroaches more than a little on the area used by Bento female bits. 

I have a Maitreya Lara body and have experimented with the bits made by Sensations and the bits made by Sessions & ASA.  Apologies for being cutesy,  just trying to keep this far away from being unambiguously adult.  The tattoo has both Maitreya BoM and Omega Appliers.  Except for the part that overlaps, both appliers work fine.  

Is there a way to make either of them (or another one)  pick up the part of the tattoo that overlaps.  I've tried different orders of application  (and applying to different layers in the Maitreya body).  I can't seem to make it work.  Am I missing something?  

Having spoken to my fellow Catwa CSRs (since one of them is also a CSR for Session, and it's not always what you know but who you know) they have given me a solution to your issue, but it involves using the BoM version of the tattoo. This, in turn, means your underlying skin will also need to be BoM, so if it's applier only then this won't work, as an applier skin will cover up the BoM tattoo.

The solution is as follows:

The V (your 'bits') cannot take applier tattoos. However, it has an HD layer for the outer 'bits' and it's that HD layer that is covering up the BoM tattoo. On the HUD for your V, you need to hide the HD layer by clicking the transparent texture box on the texture HUD of the V. This will also hide those 'outer bits' but it's the only way to have the tattoo show up.

They've given me a screenshot, showing where you need to click. (For obvious forum censorship reasons, I've blurred out the... uh... detailed skintone samples) -

1ff55988324b0f2e1515e8273ea71030.jpg

If you do that, then wear a BoM skin and the BoM version of your tattoo, then it will show up on the V.

(Can't believe it's down to a dude to answer this, but as a gay dude hopefully I get a pass for not coming across as creepy - lol!)

• Like 6

On 9/5/2021 at 7:59 AM, Skell Dagger said:

If you do that, then wear a BoM skin and the BoM version of your tattoo, then it will show up on the V.

(Can't believe it's down to a dude to answer this, but as a gay dude hopefully I get a pass for not coming across as creepy - lol!)

That's what I do. It works fine.

On 9/5/2021 at 5:59 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Having spoken to my fellow Catwa CSRs (since one of them is also a CSR for Session, and it's not always what you know but who you know) they have given me a solution to your issue, but it involves using the BoM version of the tattoo. This, in turn, means your underlying skin will also need to be BoM, so if it's applier only then this won't work, as an applier skin will cover up the BoM tattoo.

I can't thank you enough for this answer.  It brought me to a much better under of what's really going on with body mesh(es), skins, BoM, and appliers.  I had misled myself about several things by overfocusing on the Maitreya HUD.  That and having a reasonable understanding of 3d graphics but not recognizing that being in production for 20 years means additional complexity is inevitable.

Dahlia

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.