Robin Loop improvements

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

rezandriderobinloop.thumb.jpg.49ab1e3df07c22445ab12926183f332a.jpg

Rez and Ride Donuts, Robin Loop Drivers of SL, Linden Road community, a small YavaPod station, a donut shop, a map of Robin Loop, and a big parking lot and rez zone.

Robin Loop in Heterocera is one of my favorite places to ride. It's 13 regions around the loop, with varied scenery, and a good place to practice driving.

Recently, there have been some improvements. There are mole-placed rez zone signs in more places. There's a long-standing Japanese community westward from Neumogen through Grote. A new museum has been added there, with classic works of art, some in 3D, and appropriate signs. There's a new combi (convenience store) with a rez zone, and a small Japanese suburb. There are now two GTFO hubs on the loop. There are several vehicle makers, most with demo rezzers, who have been there for years. There's a new cat-oriented roadside attraction. Roadside structures tend to be public, with private homes behind them.

This is mainland, working properly as a community.

• Like 3

As someone who has been on these sims along Robin Loop Road for 17 years, I can say it's a great place to explore and find all kinds of activities.

I made an "Area Attractions" card with various stores, parks, points of interest in an area about a dozen sims in every direction around the Loop. You can get a copy here, and send me any additions. The list is regularly updated.

Arshu Dagger's Funny Mart in Electra and Yurindo Books and Museum which has a great Lucky board.

This road didn't always have a name, but I think possibly it may have been named in honour of Linden Lab's VP Robin Harper, who retired some years ago.

When I saw the word "improvements" I thought perhaps the road itself had been improved. But the picture indicates that those lumpy rocks still persist -- which is why some of us have ramps out of our properties on to the Linden road so we can drive on it.

The Delicious Donuts was put up recently by Shadow Bright of the Obscure Store on Markland rental property. "Rez and Ride" is exactly what I would like to see here, rather than autonomous driverless pods which are 100% empty, spamming the sims.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have roamed most of these roads on Heterocera.  If you follow Robins Loop way around to the north past the great wall you will eventually come to Route 6 bridle trail.  On the north edge of this trail is the highest mountain range in SL and the highest mountain, Mount Campion.  Route 6 is one of the more scenic SL roads.

I love mainland SL and I think more needs to be done to protect and promote it.  Roaming and exploring is one of the great SL activities.  Mainland has a sense of place and a history, I have learned a lot about Heterocera and it's history.  Private regions come and go like the seasons, but main land is forever. or as forever as you can get in SL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.