Using Land For Other Tiers

Draamnuk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, 

I may not be saying that right but here's my question (in a long winded version...go get something to drink and some popcorn). 

I just became a premium member and got my little spot of Linden Land. I have a friend who owns a larger piece of land and I wanted to know if I could somehow help her with her tier with my land. I remember hearing that you could do that but I have no idea what's involved or if it's even possible. 

Appreciate the assistance. 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Draamnuk said:

Hello all, 

I may not be saying that right but here's my question (in a long winded version...go get something to drink and some popcorn). 

I just became a premium member and got my little spot of Linden Land. I have a friend who owns a larger piece of land and I wanted to know if I could somehow help her with her tier with my land. I remember hearing that you could do that but I have no idea what's involved or if it's even possible. 

Appreciate the assistance. 

Thanks

By "got my little spot of Linden Land" - if you mean a Linden Home, then you can only help out your friend (for free) if you got one of the Linden Campers/Trailers or one of the old (not Bellisseria) homes, as those are the only ones that use only 512 sqm of tier.  All other homes in Bellisseria are on 1024 sqm plots, thus using up all of your Premium tier allowance.

If you do have the 512 plots, that will leave you with 512 sqm tier that you can donate to any land Group -- a Group that owns the land.  If your friend's land is not in a group, they will need to create a group and deed the land to it.

Additionally, you can donate more tier to the group if you are willing to pay for it.  See this page:  https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php  The bottom section shows what your cost would be for any additional tier that you use over the 1024 that you get with your Premium membership.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

By "got my little spot of Linden Land" - if you mean a Linden Home, then you can only help out your friend (for free) if you got one of the Linden Campers/Trailers or one of the old (not Bellisseria) homes, as those are the only ones that use only 512 sqm of tier.  All other homes in Bellisseria are on 1024 sqm plots, thus using up all of your Premium tier allowance.

If you do have the 512 plots, that will leave you with 512 sqm tier that you can donate to any land Group -- a Group that owns the land.  If your friend's land is not in a group, they will need to create a group and deed the land to it.

Additionally, you can donate more tier to the group if you are willing to pay for it.  See this page:  https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php  The bottom section shows what your cost would be for any additional tier that you use over the 1024 that you get with your Premium membership.

Yes...my little spot of Linden Land is a Linden Home. I took a trailer in Badger Mountains and if I'm reading this right, I have a 512 SqM tier. 

I guess my other questions are (and forgive me..although I've been here for 12 years, I've never been a premium member or had this land until this month)

Does that help reduce their tier costs if I donate my land? If that's so, could I donate my entire land allotted to her to reduce the costs?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Draamnuk said:

Yes...my little spot of Linden Land is a Linden Home. I took a trailer in Badger Mountains and if I'm reading this right, I have a 512 SqM tier. 

I guess my other questions are (and forgive me..although I've been here for 12 years, I've never been a premium member or had this land until this month)

Does that help reduce their tier costs if I donate my land? If that's so, could I donate my entire land allotted to her to reduce the costs?

It depends on how much land your friend has and where her current tier sits within the tier ranges.  For instance, if the friend currently owns 1536 sqm of land, she will be paying at the 2048 sqm level, and if you donate 512 sqm, that would let her drop to the 1024 sqm level, reducing her monthly fee by $6.00.  However, if your 512 isn't enough to let her drop down to the next level, then donating it to her won't help her out in fees.

Side note -- You aren't donating land to her, it is land tier that can be donated to land groups.  Paying for tier is sort of like paying LL each month for rent. They give all Premium members a 1024 sqm of tier allowance and anything used over that has to be paid for.  Usage includes any land that you directly own and any tier donated to groups.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 5:23 PM, Draamnuk said:

You get 1024 m2 tier or land credit in a premium account.

If you used up 512 m2 on the trailer, you now have 512 m2 to put in your friend's group.

So you need to join her group, then you type "512" into the group menu on the land tab, and click "Save".

You can take it out any time but you should alert her first.

She then gets 50 m2 extra tier in her group because groups generate 10% of tier from land donated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.