im using viewer two and i dont know how to put my inventory picture in my profile

Yolin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i am currently using viewer two and i wanted to put a picture in my profile but everytime i ckick change i get something to only upload pictures on my computer but i dont want a picture on my computer i want a picture from inventory and  do not know how to put it using viewer two i just need to put a picture of my avi on my front profile can someone help?

i tried to save it to my computer and save it to JPG but still didnt work at all and just say error to me the whole time i guess ill have to download another viewer ughh

20 answers to this question

Hi Yolin,

SL uses web profiles now so you can't load profile pics direct from your inventory anymore. What you have to do is save the inventory pic you want to use to your hard drive then upload from the web profile requester.

So, open the pic from your inventory and you'll see you can Save As so save it somewhere on your hard drive. Rename it if you want. If this pic is in TGA format you'll have to chnange this in an image editor to JPG or PNG as the web profiles can't use TGA format files. You can do this in any image editor.

EDIT: This is the official SL wiki page including video tutorial: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Web_profile

Torley Linden suggests this free image editor if you don't have one: http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Your profile picture must be a texture (in your texture folder). Click on the image in your profile and browse textures, then select.

@Nyll: :smileysurprised: How come I can change mine without any problem? I did just 10 minutes ago in V2, chosing from my textures... ???

I don't know how you did it lol. I just installed the very latest V2 to see if anything had changed but it's the same. I open my Profile from the sidebar, select Edit Profile and then click Choose File which takes me to my hard drive. How are you able to select a pic from your inventory?

I agree with Nyll that you need to save the picture from SL to your computer first and then upload it to your profille. Either that of login on Viewer 1.23 or Phoenix and just drag and drop it from your inventory to your profile.

@Val, how did you add a texture from your inventory on v2 without moving it to your computer first? You have secrets...You must share!!! hehe 147.gif

@Peewee: The chocchie (and a pint of whiskey) helped. Thank you. It stings a little still, but the bleeding stopped. :)

@Valerie: You don't happen to have some of that omelette left to share with the rest of us. (Good call, Nyll!) A bit of that, with a sprinkling of fairydust, sounds like a good idea. Maybe we all can get the viewer to perform tricks :D

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.