My clothes won't load. Has been going on for 2 weeks. I am very frustrated now.

Angelmoon52

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi,

Welcome to Second Life Answers. I can believe it may be frustrating but the good news is that you don't need to start a new avatar.

First of all think about clear cache: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clearing_the_cache It is also adviced to teleport to  Smith where inventory will load faster and wait there until it is fully loaded. If you have more questions please write here. You can edit your post in "Options".

It is definitely true that this could be a cache issue, but before you go there (assuming you are new and it is a daunting idea) you might try a few other things. You can REBAKE your avatar (Ctrl + Alt + R). You can also go somewhere private (your home perhaps or a dressing room in a store) and get naked. What often happens is that the database is having a problem "finding" something you are wearing. Newly made garment seem to cause the problem more often.

So if you take off all your clothes and prims and just have your skin, then you can see if that is the issue. You can also change skins. You don't need to delete your favorite skin, just change to another one -- maybe one from the LIBRARY in your inventory.

If none of that works, and there are some other things to try that I am sure folks will add to this, then by all means clear your cache.

Good luck.

Hello Angelmoon. 2 weeks now you have this problem? That's a long time! If the manual clearing of your cache doesn't work for you, you can download a Third Party Viewer Here

If your clear your cache manually have in your mind that you will lost all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

Also in Win 7 except of the folder (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife , you must to delete and the folder C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.