Want To Buy A Video Player

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

I would like to buy a video player screen at market place that streams from youtube or flickr and plays the video on a loop.

Is it possible to have one that continues to play without having to be started by visitors to the sim?

Or do they all require a user to press start?

Thankyou

Edited by Chloe6Li
  • Like 1

If you want it to play the same media in a loop you don't need to buy anything, you can just set it up on a prim or any mesh surface you have lying around, using the Build Tool editor, Texture tab, with the Media (rather than Materials) settings. We can help with details of how to get that to work, however you should be aware that the majority of visitors will have Media auto-play turned off in their viewers.

(And after I set up something like this at one of my own locations, I soon disabled auto-play myself because it was so fantastically annoying to have it play every damned time I teleport in.)

• Like 1

Yes, Qie is right.
When you are exploring or at your own place, self starting media become annoying very quickly.
So I would overthink that option before even putting much time into that as well.
The possibility to turn that feature off is coded into the viewers with a good reason. I reduces lag and annoyance.
Are you sure people want to see that video or message unasked?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.