Textures appearing blurry after uploading.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings, I am a creator on second life. I have some trouble with textures appearing clear. I previewed my denim texture via LOCAL, its clear+sharp. How I made it and want it. Once I upload/pay the texture, apply it on my mesh..it appears blurry and compressed. I am very confused and frustrated. :(

Does anyone have an idea why ? I know the max resolution size is 2048x2048 or 1024x1024. I did both resizes and no avail. I even attempted 2 clean installs and clearing cache, checking texture debugging settings VIA advanced firestorm settings. Could it be my mesh? 

Please see attachments. 

1. Local denim texture 

2. Uploaded texture 

Thank you for your time and I look forward for assistance..thank :)

exampl1.png

exampl2.png

The only way you can get textures to be more clear (and honestly I can't see a huge difference in your screenshots, just a little bit lessening of contrast) is to use MORE textures.

Sadly, many top clothing creators (and even H and G makers) use a ton of textures (like FOUR  2048  textures which become 1024s on upload on a pair of jeans for example ).   So if you are comparing your finished garment to one of their finished garments, theirs will look sharper and more clear). 

The downside of that of course is that it is VERY bad practice and why so many people are having ever increasing lag issues.  

Textures will never look as good in SL as they do coming from your own computer (local textures) because there is always compression. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The only way you can get textures to be more clear (and honestly I can't see a huge difference in your screenshots, just a little bit lessening of contrast) is to use MORE textures.

Sadly, many top clothing creators (and even H and G makers) use a ton of textures (like FOUR  2048  textures which become 1024s on upload on a pair of jeans for example ).   So if you are comparing your finished garment to one of their finished garments, theirs will look sharper and more clear). 

The downside of that of course is that it is VERY bad practice and why so many people are having ever increasing lag issues.  

Textures will never look as good in SL as they do coming from your own computer (local textures) because there is always compression. 

Thank you for your fast response. I figured that using 3 different textures (2048x2048) would lag. Your response makes a lot of sense now. Especially mentioning that local textures are from my PC. I read something just now that SL forces a compression after you pay the fee.

I am very relieved now that is the case :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.