BoM faded black

IDoItForYou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm testing some BoM things and I found a problem:

I make a mesh and attach to my body, then if I apply a texture to the mesh, its look ok (old way), but if I make an universal applier and put the texture, for example in aux1, then set the mesh to use the BAKED aux1, black color is vanished/faded or white lines appears where a black line should be seen (for thin lines), the mesh is transparent and white is the color of the texture setting in the object editor, but if I change to black, the texture look good but colors (red, green...) disappears and turns everything to black, if I set to white, colors are ok but black look vanished (Steps to reproduce at the end).

So, how can I use a baked texture with transparent areas on a mesh with true black and true colors.

Let me know if I didn't explain well, english is not my primary language.

Regards

IDoIt

Steps to reproduce:

Create an object, attach to your body, edit the object and set a texture with black lines and transparent background, LOOKS GOOD.

Create a universal applier, set the same texture to aux1, save it and wear the universal applier.

Edit the attached object and change the texture to BoM aux1, BLACK LOOKS VANISHED.

Edited by IDoItForYou
Add steps to reproduce.

Hi Wulfie

70a5ecd91947309ac60a822b3707ec35.png

In the image you can see the default male avatar with an attached box (just created, everything on default) in the left hand. On the left image, the texture is applied to the box, in the right image the texture (the same) came from universal applier on aux1, as you can see blacks are faded on the right image (check the 40% text over the arm) and that is what I want to know, I understand that the "fade" came because the image is blended with the object color, white in this case, because If I choose black as the color the right image will look like the left one, but if the texture have some colors, they turn all to black.

So, I think this can be a bug or I want to know if there is a way to handle it, the final goal is to put a texture from aux into a transparent object without loosing opacity nor colors.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.