What is the URL for a friend referral?

Tyger Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to post a link on my site to refer people to Second Life, but I can't seem to find how to do that, and get credit if they sign up.

- In response to those who have answered already:

No, I don't want to link to my website IN SL. I want to use a referral link to send people FROM my website TO SL. There used to be a 2000L credit for people who signed up off of your referral link and became paid members for a month, but I can't find my referral link. 

13 answers to this question

The referral system is still in play.  This has been confirmed by Amanda at one of the first CTUG meetings.  There is no specific URL as the OP would like to have, but when a snapshot is taken in-world and sent to a non-member and that member joins - the sender is entitled to a referral bonus.  

You can verify this by taking a snapshot and click on send to email - the referral bonus is mention at the button of the window.

• Like 1

I thought about it, but after seeing that the message is gone from V2, I`m not sure there is anything for them to fix. I don`t think they update v1.23 anymore. So I wasn`t sure what the question would be. I guess we could get Amanda to confirm what she said last time as she did say she would look into that message being there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.